News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

You have to be 17.  (It's really the only thing that makes turning 17 exciting, other than that 17 is an awesome age.)

Jukka the Sling

Actually, I think under-seventeens are allowed to see an R-rated film if they're accompanied by an adult.

That said, if I was interested in seeing the Steve Jobs movie, I'd be totally crushed too.  I hate bad language.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Not having "bad" language in a movie about Steve Jobs would be ridiculous. He's famous for being a not very nice and arrogant person.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

I heard something somewhere that Steve Jobs made that I was rather surprised about.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 17, 2015, 10:04:17 PM
Actually, I think under-seventeens are allowed to see an R-rated film if they're accompanied by an adult.

That said, if I was interested in seeing the Steve Jobs movie, I'd be totally crushed too.  I hate bad language.
It is true, I've seen a kid who looked like he was 13 walk into see Mad Max (I think that's what it was.)

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 17, 2015, 10:14:02 PM
Not having "bad" language in a movie about Steve Jobs would be ridiculous. He's famous for being a not very nice and arrogant person.
Well, yeah. But they could limit it like they did with the movies Jobs (which was cool, but according to Steve Wozniak, incredibly inaccurate)

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 17, 2015, 11:04:10 PM
I heard something somewhere that Steve Jobs made that I was rather surprised about.
I'd like to think I know a lot about the man, what did you hear?

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

True.  A 21-year-old, specifically, and not after 9pm.  (I think it's 9pm.)  They're strange rules.

LT Sandpaw

I could be wrong but they don't rate movies R just for having bad language.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 17, 2015, 11:29:37 PM

I could be wrong but they don't rate movies R just for having bad language.
Well, they include the general reasons. Like, a movie say, Avengers (this may not be a true case example, it just popped into my mind) has Voilence, Language, Action Peril, intense images, suggestive humor listed in the trailer. But for Steve Jobs, it's just Language.
Must be really bad.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on September 17, 2015, 05:22:08 PM
I know! *cries*
It's rated R, for of all things, LANGUAGE! That's the easiest thing to write OUT of a story! Euphemisms people!!

Hehe, one of my favorite movies, Attack the Block (Boyega, anyone?) was rated R for mature language and I didn't even care. Made the movie more enjoyable, in fact.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

The first R-rated movie I saw was Blues Brothers, with my parents, when I was 8.  The language in it only increases the humour.  Most movies I watch are rated R, because I like action movies, but I agree that the excessive language used in some films has a negative effect on the film's quality.

Delthion

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on September 17, 2015, 11:25:04 PM

That said, if I was interested in seeing the Steve Jobs movie, I'd be totally crushed too.  I hate bad language.
It is true, I've seen a kid who looked like he was 13 walk into see Mad Max (I think that's what it was.)

That's funny, my dad and I once walked into the wrong theater room, we were wanting to see Age of Ultron, but we accidentally went into the Mad Max theater, as soon as we found out we left. (Not just because of R, but post apocalyptic movies are depressing.) ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Delthion on September 18, 2015, 01:46:05 AM
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on September 17, 2015, 11:25:04 PM

That's funny, my dad and I once walked into the wrong theater room, we were wanting to see Age of Ultron, but we accidentally went into the Mad Max theater, as soon as we found out we left. (Not just because of R, but post apocalyptic movies are depressing.) ;D ;D

Post apocalyptic movies are depressing?.... you mean they're:
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Rusvul

I haven't seen it, but I've heard Mad Max is really good.

Lady Ashenwyte

If you really want to see it, download it online after it's been released and enjoy.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.