News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 05, 2015, 06:52:27 PM
No hugs, Rain? ;D

No hugs.  My general dislike of physical contact paired with several unfortunate occurrences have barred me from liking any sort of touch or display of affection.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Vilu Daskar

What sort of unfortunate occurrences?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on October 05, 2015, 09:35:33 PM
What sort of unfortunate occurrences?

The sort that I'd rather not go into detail about, as it still makes me uncomfortable to think about it.

Changing the subject, my piano teacher now has a cat that meows very loudly whenever I'm there.  She likes walking into the living room (where the piano is) and meowing at the top of her lungs several times before sniffing me, my piano books, and then hopping onto the couch to watch me for a bit.  She's adorable.  :3
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Vilu Daskar

Our cat has been meowing all day for some reason.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Rainshadow

Our dog has been sleeping all day for some reason.  Oh wait, it's 'cause she's lazy.  :P

Vilu Daskar

Rainshadow

Yes, report the mod to themselves.  :P

Oh, that made me think of back when I played Lord of the Rings Online and my siblings and I made a kinship (a guild in most other games) called The Riders of Rohan.  We were allowed to appoint officers, which were sort of like mods in that they could invite people to the kinship, promote them, demote them, and kick them out.  (They couldn't promote people to officers, though; that was only for the leader of the kinship (my brother) and the heir (my brother's friend).)  So, we decided that we needed another officer for when we weren't online, so my brother appointed this guy who seemed like a really responsible person.  The next time we came online after he was appointed an officer, we discovered that the only people in the kinship were the officers, the leader, and the heir.  Everyone else (which was at least a hundred people) had been kicked out by the one officer, and he had left the kinship as soon as he'd done his dirty deed.

So, yeah, we had to go find all of the people who had once been in the kinship (thankfully, my brother had made a masterpost of the members at one point, so we had that to go off of) and send them invites and apologies.  It was very tedious, and we were all mad at the one dude.

Moral of the story:  Make sure you spend time with someone and get to know them better before promoting them to a position of power.

Vilu Daskar

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 05, 2015, 10:05:31 PM

Oh, that made me think of back when I played Lord of the Rings Online and my siblings and I made a kinship (a guild in most other games) called The Riders of Rohan.  We were allowed to appoint officers, which were sort of like mods in that they could invite people to the kinship, promote them, demote them, and kick them out.  (They couldn't promote people to officers, though; that was only for the leader of the kinship (my brother) and the heir (my brother's friend).)  So, we decided that we needed another officer for when we weren't online, so my brother appointed this guy who seemed like a really responsible person.  The next time we came online after he was appointed an officer, we discovered that the only people in the kinship were the officers, the leader, and the heir.  Everyone else (which was at least a hundred people) had been kicked out by the one officer, and he had left the kinship as soon as he'd done his dirty deed.

So, yeah, we had to go find all of the people who had once been in the kinship (thankfully, my brother had made a masterpost of the members at one point, so we had that to go off of) and send them invites and apologies.  It was very tedious, and we were all mad at the one dude.

Moral of the story:  Make sure you spend time with someone and get to know them better before promoting them to a position of power.

Did you hunt down and slay the officer responsible?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Vilu Daskar

That's what my leader in a online game I play would do.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 05, 2015, 10:10:55 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on October 05, 2015, 10:05:31 PM

Did you hunt down and slay the officer responsible?

I wish, but he just disappeared.  If I remember correctly, my brother did send him a very, VERY stern message afterwards, basically saying, "I'm very disappointed in you, because I thought I could trust you.  Know that you're not welcome in The Riders of Rohan ever again."

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

It's an end of a short but glorious era. My Apple Music trial has expired. I've been banished to free Spotify. *dies inside*
*is resurrected inside because*
I GOT IT BACK!
I signed in using a family member's Apple ID, now there's 3 months more thanks to Family Sharing!

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

A YOUTUBER REPLIED TO MY COMMENT ON HER VIDEO! ASDFGHJKLAHEIRGIAOWNGMDSAIRNGwbgiubj bjengbgbrbgBJBSAIEBUBDGBFUB.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.