News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

*is confused*

And I agree that the Hobbit films are flawed, more so than LotR, but they still managed to give each Dwarf a distinct look and personality and seriousify (so what if that isn't a word?) a kids' fairy tale that really doesn't fit with the feel of the LotR books, so for that I'm thankful.  Plus, Smaug is awesome.

@Rach:  Who's your fave LotR character so far? ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Has anyone here seen the Ralph Bakshi version of LOTR?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

rachel25

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 20, 2015, 12:15:22 AM
*is confused*

And I agree that the Hobbit films are flawed, more so than LotR, but they still managed to give each Dwarf a distinct look and personality and seriousify (so what if that isn't a word?) a kids' fairy tale that really doesn't fit with the feel of the LotR books, so for that I'm thankful.  Plus, Smaug is awesome.

@Rach:  Who's your fave LotR character so far? ;D
okay, I'm happy now.
I really like the Hobbits. Mostly Merry and Pippin.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 20, 2015, 01:32:23 PM
 The Witch King
[close]
Personally I think he'd be more intimidating if you couldn't see any of his face.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Princess Bride gifs are good for everything.
So what's wrong?

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

These quotes mean nothing to me.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 20, 2015, 06:02:23 PM
Princess Bride gifs are good for everything.
There have been showings where people were allowed to quote the lines out loud. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 20, 2015, 04:49:25 PM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 20, 2015, 01:32:23 PM
 The Witch King
[close]
Personally I think he'd be more intimidating if you couldn't see any of his face.

I'm quite sure that's his mask. His body's fused to his armour.

The Skarzs

Except that lips and a nose are seen. :P Whatever. I feel that sometimes what isn't seen is more frightening than what is.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 21, 2015, 05:10:46 AM
Except that lips and a nose are seen. :P Whatever. I feel that sometimes what isn't seen is more frightening than what is.

A skilled smith could make a mask with lips and a nose. His real face is all burninated.