Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Part of an infobox I'm working on:
« Subject to editing »

Izeroth

What's the total casualty count for the conflict?

James Gryphon

Still figuring it all up. It's going to be huge.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

THAT'S THE SAME PICTURE DDB HAS AS HIS PICTURE. Someone go see if Vilu can see it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

It's the same picture that's on the Wikipedia page about beavers.

« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

*gasp*  Where are you making this page?  I love well-laid-out Wikipedia-style pages with everything in its place.  (Yeah, I'm weird.)  Anyway, how are you doing that?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

James Gryphon

Wikipedia sandbox. I have the code down below if you want to play with it (I'd especially like to have lots of the member "armies" like the blue-clawed otters, etc. added in; the members' side of "Strength" looks very sparse).
Spoiler
{{Please leave this line alone (sandbox heading)}}

{{Infobox military conflict
|image = [[File: American_Beaver.jpg |300px]]
|caption = An ordinary, non-death-defying beaver
|partof=
|date=July 15, 2011 – November 11, 2015
|place=[[Redwall Abbey Forum]]
|casus=[[Undeclared Beaver strike on the Cellars]]
|result=[[Order of the Staff victory]]
* [[Registrations abolished]]
* The Staff's reign preserved
* Destruction and dissolution of the "member-states"
* Beginning of the [[Guest Era]] of the [[Redwall Abbey Forum]]
|combatant1= * The Staff
* Death-Defying Beavers
* Guests
|combatant2= * RAF Members
|commander1='''[[Matthias720]]'''<br />[[The Lady Shael]]<br />[[Taggerung_of_Redwall]]<br />[[James Gryphon]]<br />[[Lily]]
{{center|''[[Military leadership in the American Civil War#The Union|and others]]''}}
|commander2='''[[HeadInAnotherGalaxy]]'''<br />[[Tiria Wildlough]]<br />[[Coobreedan]]<br />[[Nightfire]]<br />[[winifred]]
{{center|''[[Military leadership in the American Civil War#The Confederacy|and others]]''}}
|strength1=* 2 [[Administrators]]
** [[The Lady Shael]]{{KIA}}
** [[Matthias720]]
* 12 [[Moderators]]
** [[Taggerung_of_Redwall]]
** [[James Gryphon]]
** [[Lily]]
** [[Osu]]{{KIA}}
** [[Redwall Musician]]{{KIA}}
** [[Lutra]]{{KIA}}
** [[Folgrimeo]]{{KIA}}
** [[DanielofRedwall]]
** [[Dawnwing]]
** [[BrookSkimmer]]
** [[Rainshadow]]
** [[Leatho Shellhound]]
* The [[Death-Defying Beavers]]
** Several [[Beaver Marshalls]]
** Several [[Caroivmodbzxxy Xgaeoxzyvys]]
** Thousands of ordinary [[Death-Defying Beavers]]
* Thousands of [[Guests]]
|strength2=
* 2,700+ [[Members]]

|casualties1=* [[The Lady Shael]]
* [[Folgrimeo]]
* [[Redwall Musician]] (MIA)
* [[Osu]]
* [[Lutra]]

|casualties2=all

}}
{{Campaignbox American Civil War}}
[close]
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

Cool.  I don't know if I want to mess with it, though. :P That would entail going to Wikipedia and messing with my own personal sandbox (and I'm too lazy to do that right now), and once it was saved you could potentially... stalk me. (:P)

But anyway, that's awesome!  I noticed that the mods' names that are blue must link to the actual pages for that object. XD  Maybe you should make a Wikia wiki all about the various forum conflicts.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

James Gryphon

I've thought it would be nice to have a RAF wiki for a while now. Way too lazy to put the work in to make it happen, though. I have enough stuff I ought to be doing, and enough other stuff I want to be doing, to keep me occupied, without starting on that.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

I honestly was suspicious that James had the full-resolution photo of the beaver, but I checked the wayback machine, and it's legit because it was like that a month ago on Wikipedia.

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

I made a Redwall Abbey forum wiki. It's still WIP, though.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

I made a Redwall Abbey Forum Match wiki, but THAT got shot down.

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

rachel25

Great, now where's my cough medicine and chainsaw.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 27, 2015, 02:47:21 AM
THAT'S THE SAME PICTURE DDB HAS AS HIS PICTURE. Someone go see if Vilu can see it.
I can see it.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.