News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Then I am very sorry, James.  I thought both were funny and made some good points that we all could laugh at, but apparently not. :(

If you want, I'll remove the offensive video from my post.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

I think it's probably not an offense to post a disagreement with a mod, so...

Personally, I disagree that there have been fights on this subject. Perhaps I have lower standards as to what constitutes a fight, but I honestly do not believe that the line has been crossed yet. I personally don't recall a time I have felt significantly offended by any post on this forum as I've largely been desensitized to things of religious nature (particularly comments pertaining to sexuality). Maybe others disagree, I don't know, but personally I feel as if the times that discussion of this have been banned were uncalled for.

I have not been offended at this video either, he's a funny guy in his own right, just not my cup of tea. Me sharing my thoughts on "atheist churches" (which, as I suspected, seem to be named as a slight mockery) was not me being offended in any way.

To take the video down, I think, would be tantamount to taking someone's side in a fight that hasn't even begun. I say leave it up.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that it's hard to tell when you are joking, being serious, or are offended. *Shrugs.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

I've never heard of an atheist church before, although I do sometimes go to a Unitarian Universalist church. It's cool, there's a sense of community like you would expect from a church, but it's very inclusive- nobody there cares what you believe as long as you're not militant or rude about it. I like it.

I thought the video was legitimately funny, that guy is witty. A bit condescending at a few points, but meh, whatever.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

It's something unpredictable
But in the end, it's right
I hope you had the time of your life.

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Vilu Daskar

No the video isn't showing up for me. I read it was a video and they were talking about atheist churches and I remembered watching a Tim Hawkins video where he talked about atheist mega churches.

LT Sandpaw

Ah that's right.

BTW Why can't you see the videos? Are they being blocked, or is it the device you're using?

The Skarzs

Sounds like an internet filter. The computer I used to use was notorious for that. (Couldn't see anything.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Vilu Daskar

Søren

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 16, 2015, 04:02:04 PM

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 16, 2015, 05:15:53 PM
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 16, 2015, 04:02:04 PM

I love his song of that as well.

If you want to be a man,
Who wants to live a long and happy life,
These are the things you don't say to your wife.