News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

I've only seen one of those movies, but I like the one with all the chocolate.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jukka the Sling

@Vilu and Eul:  Which one?  The one where Wonka has a bob and an extraordinarily pale face?  Because we're currently watching that one for the third time.  I think I kinda like it better than the old one just because Wonka is so weird and entertaining.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

I thought there was only Wilky Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I prefer the latter, with Johnny Depp as Wonka.

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

Just going by pictures online, I'd have to say the old one. Gene Wilder has the condescending look down. Depp's Wonka just looks creepy to me.
« Subject to editing »

Eulaliaaa!

I don't remember which one I saw, but if it has chocolate, I like it ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jukka the Sling

@Eul:  Lol. ;D

@James:  Yeah, the Depp one's kinda really weird, but you get used to his look after a while. :P

@Soren:  Yeah, I know the movies have different titles, but I was referring to the book's title.  Which I haven't actually read. :P

Eeenteresting...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 31, 2015, 06:09:50 PM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on December 31, 2015, 04:01:22 AM

I feel a disturbance in the force, as though thousands of little girls and embarrassed guys cried out in terror...

Embarrassed? Really? Have you ever seen a guy declare himself to be a brony with anything less than pride?

The show really isn't that bad. Sure the music is often terrible, the characters are sometimes aggravating and it's sickeningly sweet sometimes, but having watched the first few episodes, I really don't see what the hate is about. I don't see what the hype is about either but that's not really relevant.

It's definitely not the worst TV show out there, that's for sure.

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Vilu Daskar

I think it's the one you're talking about Jukka.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

@Vilu:  Okay.

@Jet:  I'm one of those who rather like MLP...

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 31, 2015, 08:54:56 PM
Embarrassed? Really? Have you ever seen a guy declare himself to be a brony with anything less than pride?

The show really isn't that bad. Sure the music is often terrible, the characters are sometimes aggravating and it's sickeningly sweet sometimes, but having watched the first few episodes, I really don't see what the hate is about. I don't see what the hype is about either but that's not really relevant.

It's definitely not the worst TV show out there, that's for sure.
Meh. I just like heckling things.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

...I had no idea there were chocolate factory books...

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling