News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

First of all, the fact that you can see the word at all to complain about us censoring it shows that this is something of a historic argument.

Secondly, the censor's contents are not up for public debate. If someone has a concern with how things are being run, they should contact the staff privately, who will give it due consideration and make the decision.
« Subject to editing »

Russa Nodrey

I was buying soda at a gas station the other day and the guy at the counter said "Enjoy!" and I accidentally said "You too.". So...that was awkward.
Freddy

Jukka the Sling

I'm constantly in awe of Tolkien and his works.  Like... seriously.  I'm reading Morgoth's Ring, one of the Histories of Middle-earth, and I've felt almost close to tears a few times.  In Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth ("Debate of Finrod and Andreth"), I died a little inside because Aegnor x Andreth.  Then I read a part of it that I skipped and was shocked and delighted because there was a pretty obvious allusion made to the hoped-for birth of Christ when Andreth, a mortal woman, said that a lot of Men believed Eru Himself would one day come to Earth and fix the ruin Morgoth had wrought.  And I love the essay on Morgoth and Sauron. There are some pretty profound quotes.

Obviously, the book I'm reading is composed of his unfinished works, and no one knows how much he would've changed or abandoned, but still.  It's incredibly hard to describe how amazing his legendarium is.  So much of it is deeply moving and spiritual and beautiful.  Ugh. <3
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Amber

I had Chick-fil-A tonight for the first time in my life.

Ashleg

I've never had Chick-fil-A because my mom doesn't let me and I'm too young to go out and buy it myself.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Luftwaffles

Excuse my ignorance but... what's a Chick-fil-A?
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

321tumbler

Think cows holding signs that say, "Eat Mor Chikin" and, "Beef Puts U 2 Sleep". Also, there is food involved.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on April 22, 2017, 03:56:00 AM
It's a fast-food chain.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: 321tumbler on April 22, 2017, 04:01:11 AM
Think cows holding signs that say, "Eat Mor Chikin" and, "Beef Puts U 2 Sleep". Also, there is food involved.

That was weird, mate xD

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 22, 2017, 04:04:40 AM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on April 22, 2017, 03:56:00 AM
It's a fast-food chain.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ashleg

321tumbler

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on April 22, 2017, 04:38:38 AM

That was weird, mate xD

Yes, but it is the truth. I have proof:

Luftwaffles

Quote from: 321tumbler on April 22, 2017, 04:49:36 AM

That was weird, mate xD

What?

Some publicist is getting a beating.

The Skarzs

I don't know what the deal is with Chick-fil-A. . . It's like some wierd cult.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on April 22, 2017, 04:52:17 AM
Quote from: 321tumbler on April 22, 2017, 04:49:36 AM

That was weird, mate xD

What?

Some publicist is getting a beating.

Oh no, that has always been their advertising for as long as I can remember. Stands out really. My whole town is obsessed with Chick-Fil-A, and I think it is some of the best fast food out there. Gotta try it sometime Sierra.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.