News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 19, 2017, 02:57:07 PM
How can you convey that work of words into picture? There are some parts that put feeling into the reader that a movie is incapable of doing.

That's no excuse for making it a simple action movie series bereft of any meaning.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Perhaps you would ilke to have nine movies instead of three so we can fit in all those parts of explanation? (I would absolutely loved to have seen the whole part of them leaving the Shire, the Old Forest with Tom Bombadil, the Scouring of the Shire, and other parts, of course. . .)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: James Gryphon on May 19, 2017, 01:07:58 AM
Perhaps they got Sauron confused with Saruman.
Yeah.  Shows how much attention they were actually paying... :P

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 19, 2017, 09:26:39 AM
They really dumbed down the Lord of the Rings and made it an action movie for teenagers, rather than conveying the tones of the great literary work of Tolkien.
Quoting Christopher Tolkien here?

Quote from: Søren on May 19, 2017, 03:41:17 PM
I lose my music for one month and that's the month Fall Out Boy releases a new song
Aww, I'm sorry. :-\
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Groddil

If movies were 100% faithful to the source material, why even watch them? An adaptation is just that. An adaptation.

The Skarzs

That's a good way of putting it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

A couple weeks ago, I messaged the Zucc asking for a dislike button. No reply. I've also been getting heaps of fish-like websites selling fidget spinner suggested to me, even though I would rather get shot in the leg than buy one. (The one exception: Buying one and destroying with a 1000 degree glowing knife for satire or something)

So...

1 thank = 1 pray for my Facebook account.

Lady Ashenwyte

He hasn't even read it you peasant.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Urgh, I feel terrible now for what's happened in the "soery" thread.  I think I should've just stayed out of it. :-\
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rosie Willowwater

Everyone makes mistakes Jukka, we don't blame you for doing what you did :)

The Skarzs

I find it hard to be. Yeah, I'm sorry for what I said, but it is so, SO suspicious for someone to be acting the way he is. The username, thrle reason he posted, "my mother will starve" his misspelling and grammar. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 23, 2017, 05:44:08 PM
Urgh, I feel terrible now for what's happened in the "soery" thread.  I think I should've just stayed out of it. :-\

Same.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 23, 2017, 05:47:55 PM
I find it hard to be. Yeah, I'm sorry for what I said, but it is so, SO suspicious for someone to be acting the way he is. The username, thrle reason he posted, "my mother will starve" his misspelling and grammar. . .
I'm still not certain what to think about the situation.  Regardless, it was lame of us to talk about it right there in front of him.

EDIT:  I read the posts to my mom, and she thinks it's Del pulling a prank.

Could be, actually, if he used an IP blocker.

Jukka the Sling

GUYS CHECK THE SOERY THREAD I HAVE LITERALLY NO CLUE WHAT'S GOING ON

Jukka the Sling

Yes, triple post, but I want to have a discussion.

Now that we've seen what happened, who do you think it is?  It seems to me that it's a member or former member who has a grudge against this place.