News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chipster of Noonvale

I think it might be Redwall Musician, but I'm not sure...

Jukka the Sling

She was always nice, judging from her posts.

I almost suspect Buzz_Bumble.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Luftwaffles

We blew it big time. That's all I'm gonna say.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 23, 2017, 06:49:17 PM

Please don't be hard on yourself. You're new, so I don't really know you, but you seem to already be doing so much for this place. I hope the members here appreciate you. :)

Lady Amber

Quote from: 12345678 on May 23, 2017, 06:53:29 PM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 23, 2017, 06:49:17 PM

Please don't be hard on yourself. You're new, so I don't really know you, but you seem to already be doing so much for this place. I hope the members here appreciate you. :)
But... who are you?

James Gryphon

It isn't really the public's business, but for the sake of ending this line of questioning, I will say that it is one of the more respected people in our forum's history. I hope this answer is satisfactory.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

I don't care who it is, this whole situation makes me extremely angry.

For one thing, if the member had been real, you would have just crushed the poor person.
For another, this is the second member/non-member you've done this to. Okay, so I was part of the first one, but I like to think I learned my lesson.
For a third, I remember accidentally back-seating modding and I certainly didn't get off as lightly as it looks like you lot did.

What has happened to everyone? The friendly spirit? I remember having terrible grammar and acting terribly when I first joined and I certainly didn't get treated like this. No one deserves to be treated like that, fake or not.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm glad my schedule gets even busier and weirder over the next few week 'cause I don't want to be here right now anyway!

Lady Amber

Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 23, 2017, 07:14:11 PM
For another, this is the second member/non-member you've done this to. Okay, so I was part of the first one, but I like to think I learned my lesson.
Do you mean Melanda? She was clearly a fake. It was April Fool's and she was made a Mod the first day she joined.

Ungatt Trunn

... What on earth have I missed

Life is too short to rush through it.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Lady Amber on May 23, 2017, 07:21:28 PM
Do you mean Melanda? She was clearly a fake. It was April Fool's and she was made a Mod the first day she joined.

So had I, on Loamhedge, though ;)

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

From what I can tell some older member decided to troll everyone and that resulted in everyone getting in a fender bender with each other...

Jukka the Sling

I feel like this incident is tearing this forum apart.  And the question is... why did this person do what they did?  To prove that we're all disgusting, hateful people?  I thought we were at the nicer end of the online-community spectrum.

It upsets me that someone would deliberately troll us this way.  And the mods seem to be okay with it.

What other incident was there?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 23, 2017, 07:34:10 PM
I feel like this incident is tearing this forum apart.  And the question is... why?  To prove that we're all disgusting, hateful people?  I thought we were at the nicer end of the online-community spectrum.

It upsets me that someone would deliberately troll us this way.  And the mods seem to be okay with it.

I'm worried about this as well... someone trolls some people, people react how normal people would react, and the mods (and some members) seem to point fingers and say "backseat moderating" or stuff like that?

EDIT: And I mean, it did seem like many members addressed the "Soerry" thread guy with humility and didn't just start flaming him right away... they treated him well. Then a member simply suggested that this Soerry guy could be some sort of troll and instantly gets his idea demonized...

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 23, 2017, 07:34:10 PM
I feel like this incident is tearing this forum apart.  And the question is... why?  To prove that we're all disgusting, hateful people?  I thought we were at the nicer end of the online-community spectrum.

It upsets me that someone would deliberately troll us this way.  And the mods seem to be okay with it

None of us were ok with it, we just don't execute people until the harmful intent is clear. This is no democracy, but we take pride on not being a dictatorship either.

Also, none of the above descriptions is an accurate portrayal of the community. This is easily the nicer community I'm on (just second to Fiver's Honeycomb). If any of the above was true, the forum would have died within three weeks of the initial founding.