News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, I've heard they're kinda goth/alternative.  They also have a lot of fandom merch, though, including a bunch of Funko Pops, which is why I'm interested in checking out the Hot Topic a few towns over.  The things I want from them are always out of stock online (I dunno if that applies to the stores themselves?).

Anyway, has anyone ever actually been in one?  Are they super weird and would my parents (and I) be weirded out? :P  We never go to that particular mall normally, and I wanna know if it would be worthwhile.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Order the Funko Pops online there's far too much fandom trash in the stores.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

What do you mean exactly by "trash"?

I was thinking of getting the Hot Topic Exclusive Ahsoka Tano Pop, and it's out of stock on their website and twice as expensive everywhere else... *sigh*  $12 for a hunk of plastic is ridiculously expensive as it is.  Maybe I should just forget it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

I've been in one. Peri kind of forced me to go in.
It has a lot of stuff I don't want to know about, but also a lot of fandom things like those little doll things and lots. . . and LOTS. . . of shirts. Of many various and colorful characters and fandoms and bands.

But yeah, mostly goths/emo people were in there. I might go there for a visit, but I wouldn't want to go again. Just didn't like the environment. It's like there is TOO much in it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Random story: a couple years ago my mom and I went shopping at Aeropostale and I got this men's t-shirt that was really comfy and has been one of my favorite shirts ever since. Unfortunately, a couple months ago I made the mistake of wearing it while cleaning the bathroom and it got a bleach stain on it. I was supes sad. Then a couple days ago I went to a thrift store and found a shirt exactly like it minus the bleach stain and it was only $5 which is waaaaay less than the original price.

So now I have two nearly identical gray men's t-shirts from Aeropostale. ;D

As you were.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

I just got a bunch of new shirts that are going to very quickly become not-so-new and not-so-nice as I wear them for work.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*Zin'z it tae 'imzelf* If Ah vanted tae be an Onion Ah vid nae be in a fruit ztand...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 18, 2017, 05:43:05 AM
I've been in one. Peri kind of forced me to go in.
It has a lot of stuff I don't want to know about, but also a lot of fandom things like those little doll things and lots. . . and LOTS. . . of shirts. Of many various and colorful characters and fandoms and bands.

But yeah, mostly goths/emo people were in there. I might go there for a visit, but I wouldn't want to go again. Just didn't like the environment. It's like there is TOO much in it.
Mmkay.  Thanks.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Brother really wanted me to post this here.

The Skarzs

Having noise on the rear of my jeep. . . can't figure out what it is. The car place said it was something broken in the differential gear box (the big bulbous thing on the rear axle of cars), but when I opened it up nothing is broken.
And I just replaced the wheel bearings so it is likely not them. . . unless the bearings are bad already, somehow.
Arg.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

That's what you get for buying a jeep. Get a nice Holden Ute.

The Skarzs

We don't have those here.

And what turned out to be wrong was a faulty bearing. It is now ten thirty, five hours after I started, and I am finally eating dinner.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.