News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Don't forget Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.

Delthion

I've never watched an episode of Sponge Bob so I have no idea what happens. But seriously, Mermaid Man?! THERE'S ALREADY A TERM FOR THAT! MERMAN!!!!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

But he's not a merman. He is a mermaid man.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Why? Can't handle Mermaid Man? Is Barnacle Boy more yer speed?

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

...I did not realize y'all felt so strongly about an animated superhero movie.

It was actually quite good and surprisingly serious - I just felt like the ending was somewhat anticlimactic.

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 21, 2017, 01:34:57 AM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME JUKKA IT CAME OUT LIKE THIRTEEN YEARS AGO HOW HAVE YOU NOT SEEN IT?! IT'S UP THERE WITH PRINCESS BRIDE AND LORD OF THE RINGS IN MY TOP MOVIES!
Many years ago, my mom read a review and decided it wasn't for us at that time.  We just... didn't bother to get around to watching it until now.

Also, I haven't seen The Princess Bride.

Quote from: a crumb on July 21, 2017, 01:44:03 AM
It is one of the best superhero films there is.
Probably alongside Superman II, Raimi's Spider-Man 2, Nolan's Batman trilogy, and I think as of this year I'd add Logan.
...I haven't seen any of those either...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 21, 2017, 04:45:34 AM
...I did not realize y'all felt so strongly about an animated superhero movie.

It was actually quite good and surprisingly serious - I just felt like the ending was somewhat anticlimactic.

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 21, 2017, 01:34:57 AM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME JUKKA IT CAME OUT LIKE THIRTEEN YEARS AGO HOW HAVE YOU NOT SEEN IT?! IT'S UP THERE WITH PRINCESS BRIDE AND LORD OF THE RINGS IN MY TOP MOVIES!
Many years ago, my mom read a review and decided it wasn't for us at that time.  We just... didn't bother to get around to watching it until now.

Also, I haven't seen The Princess Bride.
YOU WHAT?!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Blasphemy. We must exile her to the outlands and let rattlesnakes feed on her!

Jukka the Sling

I know a ton about it though.  "My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die."  Also, "Have fun storming the castle!"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ashleg

"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but it appears you are unarmed."

Delthion

I only saw the Princess Bride recently, I didn't like it as much as I thought that I'd like it. But that's partially because subtitles were not on.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Yeah, I only saw Princess Bride for the first time. . . . Christmas before last? I'd begged for it. :P The Incredibles was one of my favorite movies, though, when I was.  . . . I want to say 7? Maybe younger?

Oh, Jukka. Did I tell you I finally saw the Beauty and the Beast remake a while ago?