News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

She could've slipped down a hill and DIED.

Then you wouldn't have a girlfriend.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Quote from: Delthion on August 31, 2017, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: Maudie on August 31, 2017, 05:04:14 AM
I just went hiking, got caught in the rain, then came home and made myself a pizza. It was an interesting day.

You stopped hiking because of RAIN?!!! THAT'S THE MOST FUN TIME TO HIKE!!! ;D

Who says I stopped?  ;D I made it to the top, it started raining, and I went down in the rain. It was pretty fun, but if I'd been on the way up when it started raining I would've turned back.

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 31, 2017, 07:44:27 PM
She could've slipped down a hill and DIED.

Then you wouldn't have a girlfriend.

Yeah man. It was sketchy. :D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

Uggghhh.

There's some group called the Lilith Fund raising money so women affected by Harvey can get "emergency" abortions.

According to various legends, Lilith is some demonic woman who steals young babies from their mothers.

Yes, this is real.  Yes, it's obviously a deliberate naming choice.  It just shows how twisted these people's hearts are.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Delthion

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 02, 2017, 10:15:00 PM
Uggghhh.

There's some group called the Lilith Fund raising money so women affected by Harvey can get "emergency" abortions.

According to various legends, Lilith is some demonic woman who steals young babies from their mothers.

Yes, this is real.  Yes, it's obviously a deliberate naming choice.  It just shows how twisted these people's hearts are.

Also Lilith, according to some Christians was the first wife of Adam, but she did some bad stuff so God removed Lilith and gave him Eve... ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

James Gryphon

That is what some myths state.

That said, I feel it has richly earned its place in what Paul referred to generously as 'Jewish fairy tales' and deserves less consideration than the stories of golems; that is, none whatsoever.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 03, 2017, 01:30:13 AM
That is what some myths state.

That said, I feel it has richly earned its place in what Paul referred to generously as 'Jewish fairy tales' and deserves less consideration than the stories of golems; that is, none whatsoever.

Yeah, that's what I meant. But some Christians believe them.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Lilith was also in the Narnia books.

...I hope C.S. Lewis didn't actually think she was real. :P

James Gryphon

That was Jadis, who was alleged to be a descendant of Lilith (that said, I don't know that that was confirmed by a reliable source).
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, Jadis was reported to be descended from Lilith.  Also, according to the Narnia wiki, Lilith was the foremother of the race of jinn.

C.S. Lewis was kinda strange. :P

Maudie

I think he was pretty into mythology and that kind of thing.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3