News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

So, I was just messing around and I went and looked at HeadInAnotherGalaxy's first posts- he didn't used to talk with the crazy accent! It's just so weird to read him posting without using all of the Zees. Can you believe it? HE WAS NOT ALWAYS HIAG!!!!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Maudie

I've done the same thing. And then as you skim forward a little bit you can see the slow evolution of his accent. First it's a Highlander accent, then he slowly adds the Z's and stuff.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

*Resists urge.*
I don't know how he's able to cope with doing that all the time. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

It's his trademark. Like Banya's font.

The Skarzs

(Banya's font doesn't work on my computer just like the font I liked didn't work on most of yours. :P)
Still, how long does it take for him to type it?!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

As far as the fonts go, it's not that it doesn't work, it's just that you don't have it installed.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Maudie on September 09, 2017, 05:49:22 PM
I've done the same thing. And then as you skim forward a little bit you can see the slow evolution of his accent. First it's a Highlander accent, then he slowly adds the Z's and stuff.
Yeah, I noticed that when I first stalked his profile.  I'm really curious as to what made him decide to do that.  He also used a Highland accent in a couple of comments on the Redwall wiki (without all the Z's).
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

MeadowR

I knew somebody on a forum before, quite some years back now, who posted nothing but spammy stretched out letters and words, yet the way they did it had some focus, like the spam was always written a certain way, rather than being completely random keyboard tapping and somehow was follow-able. How she kept that up I don't know. I found that she was on another forum I was on and her early posts were so bizarrely normal... Wonder why she suddenly started that craziness. (Not that I'm calling HIAG crazy! It's quite a different posting situation, but it just reminded me of it. :D)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Jukka the Sling

Wow, that sounds... interesting. XD
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

You're not calling HIAG crazy? Are we even speaking of the same HIAG?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

It's evident from looking at the dictionary definition, at least, that HIAG is not crazy. He's eccentric, certainly, but by choice, and this difference doesn't have a major impact on his functioning.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

He's smart and competent enough to keep up his dialect.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

Delthion

@Maudie I reached the 20 hour PMing hourly limit. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.