News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

@Grond That's a great question. There's actually a Mormon thread hidden in the depths of the Front Lawns where you could repost it so as not to clutter up this thread. I'll try and revive that for you.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

MeadowR

Can this thread of posting anything really be 'cluttered'? :D

To echo what others have said... hope all affected by Irma, in whatever way, are okay!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 11, 2017, 04:02:19 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on September 10, 2017, 11:21:46 PM
How do you figure that one?

Also, I hope that the people in Montana are doing okay.
Get it all over with now. :P

Yeah, same here. . .

By the way, won't the hurricane be hitting where you are, Corn?

:P

Yep. It's raining now actually. Should be getting nice and tropical storm-y by this afternoon.

Quote from: Delthion on September 11, 2017, 04:16:47 AM
Stay safe Tam!

Did I mention that Hurricane Katrina, actually reached Indiana? It was just a strong wind and lots of rain while we were eating lunch but it's rather cool nonetheless. ;D

;D Good for you :P

Rosie Willowwater

*Pats Corn on the head*

How severe is a tropical storm?

Cornflower MM

:P

I forgot the actual stats, but it's not as bad as a hurricane. Tropical storms turn into hurricanes. Then hurricanes go back into tropical storms. So, bad enough to do a bit of damage but I'll be fine.

Rosie Willowwater

*Hugs* I'm glad it won't be too bad, though I hope the damage is as little as possible.  ^-^

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on September 11, 2017, 04:30:13 PM
*Hugs* I'm glad it won't be too bad, though I hope the damage is as little as possible.  ^-^
Quote from: The Skarzs on September 11, 2017, 05:03:49 PM
Stay safe and dry!

Thankee! *Hugs Rosie back* Will do!

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Grond on September 11, 2017, 04:50:34 AM
Hope everyone in Hurricane Irma's path stays safe!

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 10, 2017, 11:14:48 PM
Alternatively, it could be because we have so many political disasters that we have these natural disasters.

Wylder- you're a Mormon correct?? Now my apologies for going kind of off topic here, but since this is the most random thread, I'm curious about a few things regarding Mormon theology/belief in particular about "God". Particularly with this slogan "As God now is, man maybe." So Mormons believe that God was once a "normal" man and then through his deeds etc... he became God or?? If so through which "process" did or does this happen? I assume this is tied into the Mormon belief that God did not create space/time but rather that he is a part of it ??
@Grond: I'll answer that question over in "The Mormon Thread" in a little bit. The short answer is, I can't give any true explication of this doctrine, only my understanding of it (which may very well be flawed). This is what is generally called "deep doctrine", which is difficult to understand without experiential knowledge of the foundational doctrines, and an understanding of which in this life is not necessary for salvation. (The correct quote is, "As man is, God once was, and as God is man can become")

@The Skarzs: You are Catholic-- do you have any knowledge of Catholic philosophy? Because in my Poli Sci class we are discussing Augustine and Thomas Aquinas, and I find their ideas fascinating.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

I think you would get better information than what I can give you myself by reading their books. :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

I completely plan to check out Summa Theologica from the library, but I don't know whether I have time to read it... I'm pretty busy with my basic philosophy studies as it is :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

I actually did just check it out. At least, part one. It's a giant book. :P
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Delthion

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 11, 2017, 07:29:04 PM
I completely plan to check out Summa Theologica from the library, but I don't know whether I have time to read it... I'm pretty busy with my basic philosophy studies as it is :P

I'll be reading some of that this year. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rosie Willowwater

*Reads an old post of mine*

*Stares at it for a minute*

*Facepalms*