News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Krantor the Brutal

"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Delthion

Watching the league of legends world finals. I wish they weren't in China and I had to wake up at 3:00 A.M. to watch them... ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Amazon is reportedly in talks with the Tolkien Estate to make a LotR TV series.

I'm somewhere between horrified and mildly excited.

Some things don't seem to add up about this, though.  I think the Saul Zaentz company owns the rights to LotR, so why is the Tolkien Estate itself negotiating?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 04, 2017, 03:09:22 PM
Amazon is reportedly in talks with the Tolkien Estate to make a LotR TV series.

Some things don't seem to add up about this, though.  I think the Saul Zaentz company owns the rights to LotR, so why is the Tolkien Estate itself negotiating?

I'm just horrified. I will not be watching that if it ever comes out.

a crumb

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Delthion on November 04, 2017, 03:33:54 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 04, 2017, 03:09:22 PM
I'm just horrified. I will not be watching that if it ever comes out.
Why not?
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Because I am a LOTR purist. I hated what the movies did that changed the books, especially Faramir. I couldn't handle watching another Lord of the Rings that most likely will not be completely true to the story. ;D