News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Amazon has officially acquired the rights to do a Middle-earth series.  It's NOT going to be a remake after all.  It'll be some kind of prequel story set at some point before Fellowship (not sure if it's before The Hobbit or not), and it'll have multiple seasons.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Chipster of Noonvale

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 13, 2017, 08:20:27 PM
Amazon has officially acquired the rights to do a Middle-earth series.  It's NOT going to be a remake after all.  It'll be some kind of prequel story set at some point before Fellowship (not sure if it's before The Hobbit or not), and it'll have multiple seasons.

...I hate this idea. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on November 13, 2017, 06:56:39 PM
Lol, soccer.
Lol it's called football and it's an infinitely more popular and influential sport than American football and baseball.

I feel compelled to do this because I'm British. I couldn't care less about football, or any sport.

Doesn't make what I said any less true though.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Chipster of Noonvale

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 13, 2017, 09:26:52 PM
Lol, soccer.
Lol it's called football and it's an infinitely more popular and influential sport than American football and baseball.

I feel compelled to do this because I'm British. I couldn't care less about football, or any sport.

Wrong! Soccer is a proper contraction from "association football" and is incorrectly regarded as an Americanism. It was originally British in origin. I swear, half the things the British complain about Americans doing with language were British things first! Like our accents.

Besides, I'm an American, why should I care what the rest of the world calls it? ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Gonff the Mousethief

Please be the Silmarillion please be the Silmarillion please be the Silmarillion.

Oh, and please be good please be good please be good
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Chipster of Noonvale

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 13, 2017, 09:26:52 PM
Lol, soccer.

Lol soccball fans are mega guano crazy.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on November 13, 2017, 10:44:18 PM

Please be the Silmarillion please be the Silmarillion please be the Silmarillion.

Oh, and please be good please be good please be good
I don't think it's the Silmarillion. :/  Christopher Tolkien will never allow it while he lives.

...Wait... have you read the Silmarillion, Gonff?!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Chipster of Noonvale

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »