News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

About Brian....

Started by martins#1fan, June 16, 2011, 08:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

Dose Brian possibly have any heirs to keep up the work? ??? ??? ???
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Mariel

Yes, he has two sons.  I'm pretty sure that one of them is involved in running this website.

martins#1fan

Sorry for asking that so many times.... I just wish that someone would keep it going! :'(

martins#1fan

Then again, it wouldn't be the same, but it would be super! 8)

Redwall Musician

I know it wouldn't be the same, but we can never know for sure unless they try.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

martins#1fan

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 17, 2011, 03:17:58 PM
I know it wouldn't be the same, but we can never know for sure unless they try.
Quite right, I mean you'd think that one of his sons, ( or another heir, ) would have an alike personality. ???

Trigoma

tht would be awsome if they could keep it going but the question is would they have the same heart for it. what brian did he had a passion for. tht is how it was so great!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Martha Braebuck

I'm not sure if it would be good with a new author, of course I'd read them and all but...it wouldn't be the same without Mr. Brian!
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

DanielofRedwall

I somebody doesn't do it, it would ruin Brian's legacy
Received mostly negative reviews.

Captain Tammo

I think they should write one last redwall book and then write more "Castaways of the Flying Dutchman" books
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

martins#1fan

I know, I'd miss that Brian Jacques lettering on the Front.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dawnwing

I hope his son Marc, the one who often did the voice of Martin and other major male characters in the audiobooks, would continue it.  He's probably the family member that would have the best idea of his father's world.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Dawnwing on July 14, 2011, 08:22:29 PM
I hope his son Marc, the one who often did the voice of Martin and other major male characters in the audiobooks, would continue it.  He's probably the family member that would have the best idea of his father's world.
I don't think that anybody would be able to wright a Redwall book like BJ did. I'm pretty sure that if Marc wrote another Redwall book, it would probably just be OK. Only BJ was and always will be remembered as the one who could bring the true Redwall magic to life.

Life is too short to rush through it.

MeadowR

Occasionally it has happened where a son has taken over from the father author (can't think of any mother-daughter, father-daughter or other relative examples at the moment, though I'm sure there have been!) and they've done a pretty good job of keeping the spirit of the original books alive. Obviously true fans could really see the difference, but it doesn't mean that they'd stop enjoying the new books altogether. :)

Though sometimes, that series will just stop with the original author and it can be best left like that.

If a son or other close relative wanted to try a new Redwall book I'd give them a chance. If it was jarringly different to Brian's style (and in a negative way) then I wouldn't bother with other new books.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Romsca

I don't know if it would even have to be a close relative. The author of the Wheel of Time series, Robert Jordan, died in 2007, before his series was finished. Another author of a similar style, Brian (?) Sanderson, finished the last several books for him (the last one came out in January of this year. It was #14). I haven't got that far in the series yet, but it seems to have worked.