News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What was your reaction to BJ dying

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 11, 2011, 06:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I was shocked, I cried, I didn't eat. He died right before My birthday, for the longest time I was inactive, I dreamt weird dreams about Redwall and I couldn't focus on school.
I felt really bad because on feb 5th 2011, I had a feeling something wasn't right, that something happened.
The next day I found out why.

BrookSkimmer

I was sad and felt rather melancholy for a few days. He was a great writer but what many have posted is true. Brian will live on through his stories for a very long time!

Oh, and I put together a meal for my friends based on the Redwall cook book a few nights after his passing as a memorial. 

Bragoon

I was sad, sure, but my thoughts were simple, and, I think, fitting - "Such is life."
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

Quote from: Bragoon on January 20, 2012, 06:09:05 PM
I was sad, sure, but my thoughts were simple, and, I think, fitting - "Such is life."

You took it better than me, I went into a state of deep depression for a while.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

UrthrunTheSwift

I didn't find out until yesterday that he had passed :( I happened to start re-reading the series for the first time in years and decided to google the latest books that I had missed out on and the first thing that came up was the obit :( I definitely cried a bit; he's been my favorite author since I was a little kid, and the Redwall books are what made me realize what I wanted to do for a living. I wish I could have written him just one more letter (like I used to when I was a kid) and thank him for his books and the good influences they've been on me.
Badger Lord don't care!

Søren

I is awful. No more books, no more BJ, its just to bad to think about. :'( :'(

I'm retired from the forum

Wolfstar

Surprised and sad.  Because I think I heard about it the next day.
Happy and kind.

Ungatt Trunn

I actually found out about his death while reading the article about him on Wikipepia. I was very surprised, and I was stunned for a few moments.  But I've gotten over it. I am sad about more than just his death; it also means that no more Redwall books will be written (or any other books for his other series eather) :'(.

Life is too short to rush through it.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Robert

When I heard this I was sad two weeks...I don't want to say too much about my broken heart .I'm so sad now because I remembered again...
Win For Redwall!!!

White One6193

Absolute shock. One day he was there, the next he was gone.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ajc3000fox

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on August 08, 2012, 02:39:51 AM
didn't he die from a heart attack?
Yes, they rushed him to the hospital, but he was beyond help.

To me, his death closed a door. I was worried, and i still am, that world of red wall might never feel as open again. With no more sequals it had a deffinitive end, with out a real ending. Its sad. And part of me wants some one to pick up the torch and finsh the race, To write THE last book.

As for Brian's death, i have seen videos of him talking. He seemed like a really good person to be around. And i am really sorry, for all thoase who really knew him.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

Capn Greypatch

Well, I immediately felt empty and got a lump in my throat. Then I searched for another source that said he had passed away...when I realized it was the truth, I texted my friend (who is also a Redwall fan), and I posted a small memoriam on my facebook page, in honour of BJ. Finally, I skimmed most of my Redwall books for a very long time.
I just didn't feel myself that day I found out.
Then again, I came across this wonderful forum the same day I found out about BJ. There's always a silver lining I suppose. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw