News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Arena OOC

Started by James Gryphon, January 14, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Faiyloe

I created the Game and I say that OOC's don't have to be in color. XD though technically OOC conversation should be here anyway.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

James Gryphon

OOC conversation should be here (it makes it easier to read the story, and also for me to comment on things without double-posting), but so long as it meets that criteria, I don't care whether you post it in color or not. I think it'd be a nice touch, as it would help associate you with your chosen color even more strongly, but that's just my preference, not a rule.

On whatever happened while I was gone that isn't there anymore: alliances can be broken, "just like that". From what I can see in the rules, nothing in the Arena compels you to be honest any more than in real life. If you gain a reputation as somebody that breaks your agreements without warning, though, that's going to stick with you, most likely through more than one game.

On taking back moves: If I don't see something before you edit it out, then by default you can take it back. If I do catch it before you edit it, then maybe my post will include it and maybe it won't, depending on how nice I'm feeling. Every unedited post I see, though, that includes an action, is going to be accounted for.

Finally, try not to make assumptions about what people can or can't do. This seems to be causing a lot of trouble. Figuring out where all of y'all are in relation to each other, and how the environment works is what I'm here for. Just use your own best judgment for you. If somebody is way off course (like they think they're someplace where they aren't) and it can't be reconciled with the rest of the story, I will take that into account when I post my updates.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

@Sky: Didn't you use the ladder to climb down to the first floor before you dove in? It should still be between floors (and thus accessible), shouldn't it?
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Faiyloe

I would like to note that Soren is still on the second floor he should be coughing up a wallop by this point. and Ash should be feeling some adverse affects from the fire at this point as well.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

James Gryphon

Those're good points, and I'll take it into consideration when I make my update (hopefully later today).
« Subject to editing »

Søren

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on August 17, 2015, 03:34:00 PM

*While the others discussed taking out Ash I am actually doing it* I rush him from behind throwing two gummy worm darts at his back, then twirling my hook over my head on the end of the small bit of string I attack using it like a whip snapping the small barb at him while shouting my battle cry*

"REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!"

OOC: I am not sure why my battle cry is Remember the Alamo but it sounds cool and you can shout it really well, and Davy Crocket's spirit will give me strength ;D :P

Dude, Sam Houston said that.

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

Really I didn't know that, huh I guess you learn something every day. Huh stroke of luck I suppose.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

Quote from: Delthion on August 19, 2015, 02:43:42 AM
OOC: Am I recovered yet?
At least partially. If you want to start doing things again, you can try.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Thanks! Sorry about not posting it here.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Will probably make the next set of computations after Ash has had a chance to reply.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Why am I the only one who is getting demolished? Ash is better off than I am and I've only attacked two people!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Mostly it's bad luck. People have rolled at least two 10s against you, and that has a way of adding up the damage.

I wouldn't say that you're worse off than Ash, though. Getting hit with the chair in particular was a pretty devastating attack, whereas once your eye's feeling a little better, you're still pretty much good to go.
« Subject to editing »