News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Of Knights and Orders.

Started by Lady Ashenwyte, August 03, 2015, 02:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Prologue.

A rat, a certain type of beast considered to be the epitome of evil, scruffy and ill-mannered, strode up the path to Redwall Abbey. But this rat was not the typical rat you would find in a horde, being clad in dark plate and hefting a large warhammer. His fur was a stormy grey and his one good eye a deep brown, the other a milky white.

A fine day, today. If only they stopped their pursuit, it would make it even bett- The rat's thoughts were cut short by two mice stepping in front of him, pointing their spears at him, their expressions livid, but triumphant at the same time. "Now, vile beast, surrender and face the judgement of the King, or die!" One of the mice bellowed in an imperious tone, now pointing his spear at his knee.  Greenhorns. That bloody ******* sent greenhorns to kill me. The rat raised his warhammer and charged, taking the mouse off guard and killing him quickly. He heard a scream, and turned to face the other mouse, who after watching his friend's head turn into a heap of blood and gore, had seemingly taken leave of his wits and ran straight at the rat like a lunatic. He brought his spear down and nicked the cheek of the rat, but was soon sent to Dark Forest by the rat's warhammer. The rat looked at the corpses and walked on, thinking nothing of it. Suddenly, his muscles began to stiffen and freeze, and the rat looked on in horror as his body began to fall on the ground. The spears were poisoned. A last thought entered his mind as he hit the ground and was enveloped by a cool darkness.

~~O~~

Okay, so this is a new fanfic set right after the events of Taggerung. This chapter is horrible and unedited but the next one will be better, I promise! And as always, constructive criticism is always welcome.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

Well done; it was a good battle :)

I think it's a bit on the short side, but that's coming from one of the most verbose members of the forum. Also, it should be longer with an edit.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!