News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

General topic for asking questions you don't want to start a thread for.

Started by Ashleg, April 18, 2017, 04:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kade Rivok

@cryptopur

Hello again!  I was checking out the Xbox version since there was another big update that came through after the initial one, and the game is running fantastic, it feels a million times better!  Just the difference of a smooth framerate without tearing makes the game feel so much more responsive!  I'm sure you all have made a myriad of changes beyond that, but since that was one of my main sticking point that I mentioned before, I thought I'd let you know.  Thank you so much!
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Cornflower MM

Hey, guys: Just in case you didn't know, the game devs want to do a Q&A but obviously need questions for that to happen. If you wanna pop some in here, that'd be cool.

((Note: A mod from the game Discord asked if I'd mind posting this))

Verdauga

This might be selfish, but will they port it to any Linuxea?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

MeadowR

I don't know if anyone here can help... but I'm stuck on the first act and I can't really find any help for it? At the Scout camp area, supposed to be finding the ingredients and whatever else. I am just going around in circles and think that I have most things but then get stuck, have to finish the game, then come back to it to find I have to collect things I've already got yet again. (One thing I'll probably need to get again I can't remember where I found it...) Not at least being able to save progress makes it worse. There's only so many goes I can see myself having of this before I abandon the game. >_< There are quite a few places and stages to remember for this level, so not sure how much help anyone can give at this point... but seriously, just anything which might help... anyone? Thanks!...
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Kade Rivok

Well, the reason you're having to re-collect things is, I imagine, because the checkpoint/autosave is at the start of that objective, and you don't get a new checkpoint until after you've collected all the ingredients.  So, if you exit the game in the middle, it starts you at the checkpoint prior to having collected any of the ingredients.

As for finding them, I imagine you're already aware of this, but you have to use your perception (smell vision XD) to track them down.  Some of them are well hidden, but the search area isn't huge, so as long as you look around enough and don't exit the game in the middle of searching, you should be able find them.  If you want a more complete walkthrough, look here... https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lost_Legends_of_Redwall:_The_Scout:_Walkthrough

If you want to stream it on Discord sometime, I (or anybody really) could watch and help you out as you play. ^-^
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

MeadowR

Thanks for the reply, Kade! :)

Eventually I completed it the other day! It seems that I was basically there with it all, so something was amiss with me constantly retracing my steps, until I went back to the barrel of onions on the rope course and suddenly I had the message of achievement - phew! That Wiki walkthrough doesn't seem particularly helpful from what I've seen... but I did come across a Youtube one for when I (definitely will) get stuck again!

*Already failing two minutes into the next level. XD*
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

LordTBT

Quote from: MeadowR on January 07, 2022, 12:49:28 PM
Thanks for the reply, Kade! :)

Eventually I completed it the other day! It seems that I was basically there with it all, so something was amiss with me constantly retracing my steps, until I went back to the barrel of onions on the rope course and suddenly I had the message of achievement - phew! That Wiki walkthrough doesn't seem particularly helpful from what I've seen... but I did come across a Youtube one for when I (definitely will) get stuck again!

*Already failing two minutes into the next level. XD*

The Wiki clearly states at the top that the Act I walkthrough may not be up-to-date as the game was overhauled. However, this level was accurately covered. What wasn't helpful?

MeadowR

I did see the message at the top! The what to do was just a bit too brief in places. Wanted a bit more information for how to do certain things which it didn't seem to explain so much. But never mind, for I completed the game about a week ago. Was quite a good distraction from some real life rubbish that happened.

Will move on to the second soon. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

LordTBT

Quote from: MeadowR on January 19, 2022, 06:18:20 PM
I did see the message at the top! The what to do was just a bit too brief in places. Wanted a bit more information for how to do certain things which it didn't seem to explain so much. But never mind, for I completed the game about a week ago. Was quite a good distraction from some real life rubbish that happened.

Will move on to the second soon. :)

I think that's more on the mechanics of the game itself, e.g. using the scent function, etc. I thought saying which keys to press to do that at which time would be a bit overboard.

WorshipTiria

I've never played the game and have no clue what you're talking about but my advice is click literally everywhere.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on January 21, 2022, 01:28:33 AM
What is the current updates concerning the Redwall games?
Last I heard they released Act 2 a bit ago, if I remember correctly there's supposed to be four or five total

LordTBT

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on January 21, 2022, 01:28:33 AM
What is the current updates concerning the Redwall games?

There are currently 5 Redwall video games.

Available on Steam: The Scout Act I, Act II, and Act III; Escape the Gloomer.

Available on mobile: The Lost Legends of Redwall app (completely free); Escape the Gloomer.

Start playing!

https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lost_Legends_of_Redwall

MeadowR

Okay, now I'm stuck on the 'Silversands' (?) level. Haven't really felt up to playing much of late, but when I have attempted to play, the last few times I've just been stuck on the same blooming part and it's not too fun not being able to progress. Can anybody help with the section where you have to pull the levers so that you can rescue your partner from the cage? I've tried a variety of combinations by both pulling the levers and shooting at them, off and on, but nothing seems to be the right thing. Am I missing something? Thank you for any help... 
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

MeadowR

Well, nobody responded but it's okay. XD Months later I finally played this again, and miraculously, it worked and I was able to finish the game. Will buy the third - and final? - one soon. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014