News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Abbey Forum Acting Like Microsoft Word???

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, June 04, 2013, 05:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Today for zome reazon vhenever ah type me pozt if a vord iznae spelled "correctly" it doez ze red zquiggle zin' under ze vord like it doez vith Microzoft Vord (an' ziz iz on ze actual pozt, nae ze zpell check). Iz ziz juzt zomezin' on me computer, or iz anyone elze experiencin' ziz?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

cregga rose eyes

Sometimes it happens to me.
it may be due to some sort of autocorrect on the internet.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Matthias720

If you are using Firefox, be aware that it has an spell check feature built in. As for other browsers, I can't say.

Buzz_Bumble

Yep, it'll be your own web browser or system software doing the spell check.

Believe me, this forum isn't anything like Microsoft Word. If it was than a simple auto-spellcheck would be the least of the problems ... it would be over-priced, take an hour to load, do what it wants rather than what you tell it to, simple functions wouldn't work at all, full of useless functions nobody ever uses, and it would crash every five minutes.  :(

Lutra

If I spell something incorrectly, I get a word underlined as if its in Microsoft Word but its always done this.  I'm using a Firefox-fork...Pale Moon.  I think Google Chrome does the same thing though its been some time since I used that browser.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Maudie

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 05, 2013, 10:16:53 PM
Yep, it'll be your own web browser or system software doing the spell check.

Believe me, this forum isn't anything like Microsoft Word. If it was than a simple auto-spellcheck would be the least of the problems ... it would be over-priced, take an hour to load, do what it wants rather than what you tell it to, simple functions wouldn't work at all, full of useless functions nobody ever uses, and it would crash every five minutes.  :(

That doesn't sound like the Microsoft Word I know...

Quote from: Lutra on June 08, 2013, 01:51:55 AM
If I spell something incorrectly, I get a word underlined as if its in Microsoft Word but its always done this.  I'm using a Firefox-fork...Pale Moon.  I think Google Chrome does the same thing though its been some time since I used that browser.

Yeah, Chrome does it too.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Mask on June 08, 2013, 01:58:30 AM
That doesn't sound like the Microsoft Word I know...

It's an accurate description of every piece of software ever "written" by Microsoft ... and by "written", I mean bought or stolen, and then butchered into a non-working, buggy mess. That's why I use Macs.

rachel25

the spell check thing has being happening to me too one day it wasn't there next day there it is telling me I spelt the word i'm worry because I didn't use a capital letter but it has been quite useful because everyone's spelling has got a lot better  :D

Ungatt Trunn

I know that for people using Window computers, a new spell check was installed on the internet via a new update. I'm not sure about Mac computers, though :-\

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

I know!! Windows explorer 10, right? It just started happening to me yesterday!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on June 08, 2013, 04:18:10 PM
I know!! Windows explorer 10, right? It just started happening to me yesterday!
Yea, thats it! It asked me several times to use Windows explorer 10. That must be when the spell check came into play...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

It always happens to me because my browser is French.

Romsca

HELP! IT'S IN OVERTYPE MODE AND I CAN'T EDIT MY TOURNAMENT POST!

DanielofRedwall

Can you please explain what you mean by "overtype mode"?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Romsca

That was actually a problem with my computer. I pressed the insert key. My bad, I thought it was the Redwall forum