News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Announcements Response Topic

Started by Matthias720, November 11, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Well, I've finally fugutred out how I'm gonna make it, it's just a matter of doing it.

I'm retired from the forum

James Gryphon

Thought it would be a good time to let y'all know that so far we have only one eligible entry. If the deadline passes without any more submissions, I'll have to forego the voting period, and it will have won by default.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Darn. Well, I'm having no inspiration, but I'll see what I can get done.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

DANG IT, I'VE DONE NOTHING. I have been very busy. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

The passive-aggressive jabs in the most recent post in the Logo topic are not appreciated. Some people are too busy to make a logo, some people have no skill, and some people have no inclination, and that should be fine. We're under no obligation to create a logo. And there's no specific reason that the site should have a logo anyway. Sure it'd be nice to have one, but it's hardly a necessity. Berating people for not joining an optional contest is, quite frankly, very rude.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

@Søren: CONGRATULATIONS! You deserve the win and the recognition, and your logo is truly great :)

@James Gryphon: Thanks for hosting it :)

Ahahah...I have a little story to tell about my adventures in the Logo Contest.

Spoiler
I have limited experience in graphic design and am frankly not good at it. However, when I heard about the contest, I thought participating would be a great opportunity to try new things and help the forum.

After half an hour of working in Photoshop and Paint, I retrieved feedback from a classmate who's good at technology. She suggested some improvements, which I made. Then, looking at the newer design, she suggested more improvements.

By that point, I was a bit discouraged in my abilities, and some reasoning led me to conclude that "perhaps it's better to leave the contest with people who actually know what they're doing". Hey, at least the hour I had spent had achieved the "try new things" part of my goal.

Looking back, I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not submitting an entry anyway. But I've made enough mistakes by now to (try to) not dwell on them when they come. If there were to be another contest, it's likely I would give it another try.
[close]

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Leatho Shellhound

Oh on! I missread the deadline date and thought it was April 23! I have my entry sitting next to me, I was planning on posting it either today or tomorrow. I've had a flood of things to due these past weeks and had just found the time to do it yesterday. Would you still like me to send it to you?

But cheers to Søren!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jet the binturong on April 16, 2016, 02:32:59 PM
The passive-aggressive jabs in the most recent post in the Logo topic are not appreciated. Some people are too busy to make a logo, some people have no skill, and some people have no inclination, and that should be fine. We're under no obligation to create a logo. And there's no specific reason that the site should have a logo anyway. Sure it'd be nice to have one, but it's hardly a necessity. Berating people for not joining an optional contest is, quite frankly, very rude.

^^ Yes, yes, and yes. Very well said.
Also, James, about the whole fanfic thing I promised a while back, one, can we just forget that? And two, I wanted it to be nice, so that would include having inspiration, and inspiration was no where to be seen. Also, there's a thing called being busy. Now that that's out of my system I think I can now congratulate Sor.

@Søren: Congratulations on your win, your logo is really cool! I especially like the font, but the Abbey itself is neat. The contrast with the sword is a stroke of genius.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

Congrats, Soren!  It's a great logo!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Congratulations, Soren. Wish I could have competed.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

Congratulations, Soren! I love the logo!

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Captain Tammo

Well done, Soren! It is a very nice logo :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jukka the Sling

So... the avatar-upload option seems to be broken again.  I don't see the option at all when looking at my profile settings.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien