News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Least Favorite Movies

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, January 18, 2019, 02:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Witessss

really? I thought it wasn't terrible. it's nearer to he disliked than some others, but overall it thought it had a good storyline.
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Sebias of Redwall

Yeah, I didn't think it was too bad. the first one was the best but the 2nd and 3nd weren't so bad in my opinion.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

what, there's a Secret Life of Pets 2 and 3?

Sebias of Redwall

Woops... the topic has moved on since I've last been here...I meant Despicable Me 3.

Though there is going to be a secret life of pets 2.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

really? I didn't know SLOP had a 2 one (slop? that worked.)

I thought 2 was stretching DM and the third one took a bad turn.

The Grey Coincidence

Controversial opinion but I've always found the Toy Story franchise overrated (and don't like it). Not my least favourite but one of them.
Forty seven Ronin was so bad it was good so I can't say that... Hmm... Maleficent? Yeah, I really didn't like Maleficent. Hot Fuzz was also pretty bad (super gory film I watched at age ten, god I'm a stupid kid sometimes) and don't even get me started on the abomination that is SLOP!
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

Hot Fuzz is one of my favorite, but while the extreme language and gore did take some score off, it was still good...

Jetthebinturong

Take out the gore and swearing and you wouldn't have a movie. The whole point of Hot Fuzz is that it relies on the juxtaposition of the horrific happenings and movie tropes against a sleepy, boring little English village. The entire Cornetto trilogy is a complete masterpiece of cinema.

Right, least favourites. Uh... I didn't like The Favourite?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tungro

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 04, 2019, 12:29:30 AM
Take out the gore and swearing and you wouldn't have a movie
That is what I was driving at

The Grey Coincidence

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 04, 2019, 12:29:30 AM
Take out the gore and swearing and you wouldn't have a movie. The whole point of Hot Fuzz is that it relies on the juxtaposition of the horrific happenings and movie tropes against a sleepy, boring little English village.

Objectively it's not a bad movie. But the way I watched it was... horrifying...
You see, I had no idea what I was getting into. And the first half of the movie was hilarious but not exactly in a 'dark' way. I stopped watching on the first day before Romeo and Juliet got murdered. The *next* day the movie was filled with gore and it felt tonally different- add in the fact that I was a kid and *shivers*.
I'm sure if I watched it again, all at once, I wouldn't hate it. Buuuut at the time...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

I knew what was going to happen, I just didn't know when...

PaulTheMarlfox

"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail

Ungatt Trunn

All of the new Star Wars movies (with the exception of Rogue One) have been terrible in a strangely grating way. It's not that they're absolutely horrible: it's that they fall so, so, so short of the standards that the original Star Wars trilogy set. Watching them feels more like viewing a mediocre, poorly thought-out fanfiction than an inspired story that people poured their hearts into bringing to life. The storylines are paper-thin and when they do try and go deeper they just become weird messes with lots of plotholes; the characters feel more like caricatures of modern, progressive personality tropes. And, overall, it just doesn't feel like Star Wars. At least the "bad" trilogy from the early 2000s tried to build upon the original Stars Wars world, instead of just turning it into a modern-crowd-pleasing mess. These new films are just painfully mediocre, if not worse, compared to what they should/could have been. This is just my opinion, but one I hold to nonetheless...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tungro

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 12, 2019, 06:48:28 PM
All of the new Star Wars movies (with the exception of Rogue One) have been terrible in a strangely grating way. It's not that they're absolutely horrible: it's that they fall so, so, so short of the standards that the original Star Wars trilogy set. Watching them feels more like viewing a mediocre, poorly thought-out fanfiction than an inspired story that people poured their hearts into bringing to life. The storylines are paper-thin and when they do try and go deeper they just become weird messes with lots of plotholes; the characters feel more like caricatures of modern, progressive personality tropes. And, overall, it just doesn't feel like Star Wars. At least the "bad" trilogy from the early 2000s tried to build upon the original Stars Wars world, instead of just turning it into a modern-crowd-pleasing mess. These new films are just painfully mediocre, if not worse, compared to what they should/could have been. This is just my opinion, but one I hold to nonetheless...
Couldn't have said it better myself

PaulTheMarlfox

"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail