News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

I need to know!! Why is this?

Started by Gears, April 20, 2012, 03:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

To add my own thoughts, I'd like to say that the expansion of the staff to local moderators has also proven very beneficial. Everyone does a good job making sure the forum stays in order, not over-moderating or abusing their powers. In short, good moderators.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

The forum works because the members make it work...that includes everyone, not just admins and mods (though I will take the compliments and credit where it is due of course!).  We are picky but if we weren't things will get out of hand because, well, it happens, no matter if you're 12 or 32. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ceteruler

Quote from: Icefire on April 20, 2012, 04:49:37 AM
Quote from: Gears on April 20, 2012, 03:34:46 AM
I have noticed some actions that have caught my attention on these forums... A positive one! Everyone seems so happy and caring, and they all participate with one another. I have not seen one objective post here! No swearing, nothing. Why does this community mesh so well? You guys are so awesome! I love how i can go on here, and see everyone taking constructive criticism, and replying to it well. Is everyone here 18+? Or does everyone know how to act?  Just some thoughts, I think it's awesome though.
1. We follow the rules.
2. I would guess that most of us, like Maudie, have been raised in such a way that we automatically shun swearing and other "adult-content" posts.
3. Our super awesome Mods and Admins quickly deal with any issues.
yep, that pretty much sums it up.

WildDoogyPlumm

I'm 13. :)

We all mesh so well because we are all Redwall fanatics, and share common interests like reading.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

MatthiasMan

That is true. I think it's because your basically around your kind of person, metaphorically and literally speaking.

redwallgurl

the problems with me though even though im 12 im used to cussing with my peers i always look over my post and make sure i dont have any cuss words. ive started using less now due to this site. if we didnt have the rules the place would be a battle goround of arguements and d3efinetly get off topic with nothing to stop it
Fun. is a fantastic band.

MatthiasMan

rakkety tam

i would also say we dont curse and stuff because its a rule ;D
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Gears

Quote from: rakkety tam on April 22, 2012, 02:15:30 AM
i would also say we dont curse and stuff because its a rule ;D
That's true.. But if any of you went to reddit, or minecraft forums, *shakes head* Bleh.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Lutra

Cussing was never an element of Redwall, and as such its not going to be an element here. :)  The fact we all agree with that makes things work.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

redwallgurl

yeah i like this site to be a kind of internet redwall like it and discussing it
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Methuselah

I am 12 and this is by far the best forums i have ever seen. I used to be on the Warriors forums, but there was so much fighting that i quit. I am new to the books and i am reading them in chronological order instead of the time they were written and i think it is helpful to be able to come on and ask, and get a good reply.
REDWALLL! Save the animals! pie/pi! Warriors fan!
"Chop up a rook'n make a soup, Send him to bed wivout any bread, Dip his tail in 'tober ale, an' good ol' magpie pie!!!!" Rollo
People say they can't multi-task, but that means they don't breathe!
R.I.P. Steve Irwin, Brian Jacques, and Methuselah

Nightfire

I'm only fifteen, but everyone says I act like I'm thirty or something. :D I think every Redwall reader tends to be a bit more mature than the average person. Brian Jacques just had that kind of influence. I know it was he that got me into writing in the first place. I started out writing small poems for the Redwall books, then moved on to long fanfictions.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.