News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall on Kindle?

Started by Gonff, July 03, 2011, 01:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

I dislike Kindle so much. And I'm glad there isn't very many Redwall books on it.
Quote from: Lutra on September 24, 2011, 12:10:09 PM
If I had to buy a Redwall collection from scratch, and for a moment just imagine that you can get ahold of all the books on kindle, epub, or whatever and hardcopies of the books, used.

Used hard copies - $4-5 incl. shipping in most cases

Amazon kindle copies - $7.60 in most cases

At 22 books in the series, you spend roughly $50 to $80 more for digital versions!  ::)  Even if you love the Kindle to death, that's bad budgeting and economics to buy the digital copy when so many used copies are out there that you can buy for practically nothing.
Thank you for giving me an even better reason to not like Kindle.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Muse

yeah, I guess kindles aren't so good. They are convenient, though.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Trisscar95

I like the idea of kindles, It would mean I wouldn't need to take so many books to school. And what if you could get text books on Kindle, that would be better than haveing to carry one home.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Lutra

Quote from: Trisscar95 on October 01, 2011, 02:25:44 AM
I like the idea of kindles, It would mean I wouldn't need to take so many books to school. And what if you could get text books on Kindle, that would be better than haveing to carry one home.

Actually I heard that a lot of textbooks are actually not offered on the Kindle....why?  Because then someone loses out on $$$$...namely the publisher, and the college trying to resell the book semester after semester.   I don't know if the same applies to high school textbooks, but I certainly have heard that some will buy the kindle with the intention of saving on textbooks, only to discover you cannot find a kindle edition.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Muse

Well, my high schol allows you to buy some textbooks and required novels on kindle.
By Muse

Skalrag of Marshank

O.K., it's not like I hate Kindle or anything, I just prefer reading a plain old book, with paper and a cover.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Coobreedan

I'd prefer a good old copy of Redwall that's been read so many times the cover's fallen off to an e-book. Kindle is a really good idea, your own pocket library! But it can never beat a good book, no matter how good it gets.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Trisscar95

I got a KIndle through my school!! and I got redwall on it. It's way cool. and is nicer than haveing to carry around so many books. :)

Plugg Firetail

My friend got a kindle for christmas.As yet I have not seen him use it.

Muse

The thing is, lots of people ask me, "Well, if you have a kindle, why do you carry so many books?" cause I bring like 5 books to school each day. And I tell them: " Well, it still costs money to buy books on Kindle!" So a lot of people, me included, dont use our kindles very much at all.
By Muse

Trisscar95

Quote from: Muse on October 21, 2011, 10:16:11 PM
The thing is, lots of people ask me, "Well, if you have a kindle, why do you carry so many books?" cause I bring like 5 books to school each day. And I tell them: " Well, it still costs money to buy books on Kindle!" So a lot of people, me included, dont use our kindles very much at all.

I understand I've been asked that too.

Martin the warrior

I just like having the real book in my hand.
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Martin the warrior on October 27, 2011, 11:21:39 PM
I just like having the real book in my hand.
Same here, though if you have it on your Kindle, just read it on your Kindle!

Life is too short to rush through it.