News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?"

~Captain America: The First Avenger~
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

That was from "The winter soldier." I watched it last night.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

He has probably said it in all of them

shisteer of nothing much

"In other words, you were a glorified game keeper. That sounds pretty dangerous. I'm surprised you weren't gored by an enraged stag."

Farrel, The Battle of Hackham Heath.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"Of course, some die horrible, excruciatingly painful deaths, but well, those are the breaks."

-The Lieutenant

shisteer of nothing much

"Guard your tongue, you lowborn cur! You're speaking to a member of the royal house of Hibernia, sixth in line to the throne and with a lineage that was noble when you and your were scouring the kennels for scraps to eat!"

-Halt, The Icebound Land.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in."

-Jack Torrance

shisteer of nothing much

"So what is the moral to the story, you ask?
If you are being stalked by a creepy suitor who won't take no for an answer, take out a protection order and let the police handle it.
It is not so harmful to your roses."

-The Maiden of the Tower.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 30, 2019, 07:17:34 PM
"Guard your tongue, you lowborn cur! You're speaking to a member of the royal house of Hibernia, sixth in line to the throne and with a lineage that was noble when you and your were scouring the kennels for scraps to eat!"

Halt lied ever so slightly there. Most of it's true, although I'm not sure how much the 'sixth in line' bit is.

See my signature.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Keva Strongbow

~Your only limit is your mind~
"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Booklover on November 20, 2019, 04:48:22 PM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 30, 2019, 07:17:34 PM

Halt lied ever so slightly there. Most of it's true, although I'm not sure how much the 'sixth in line' bit is.
No, actually. What he said was completely true. There are six kingdoms in Hibernia, remember. If he'd said royal house of Clonmel, sixth in line to the throne, that would have been a slight falsehood.

"Not you, him!"
In future, be more specific. I'm a horse, not a mind reader.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

He who angers you, conquers you. -Elizabeth Kenny
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

Dinosaurs didn't have coffee and we see how that turned out.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Thanquol

"The thing about hatred... It's the place where people who can't look sorrow in the eye without waverin' run off to."

-Godo

Sebias of Redwall

"Welcome, Prince," said Aslan. "Do you feel yourself sufficient to take up the Kingship of Narnia?"

"I - I don't think I do, Sir," said Caspian. "I am only a kid."

"Good," said Aslan. "If you had felt yourself sufficient, it would have been proof that you were not."
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!