News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ripred the Gnawer

'"Humph!" said the camel.'
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

Flib Bigboat

"Besides, you're doing it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosa."
~Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Tinarandel

Blaggut: "Pleased t'meet yer, Mellers. My name's Blaggut, but the Cap'n 'ere calls me fat'ead an' lazypaws an' baggybum an' suchlike names. Hoho, 'e's a one fer names, is the Cap'n!"
Slipp (kicking Blaggut): "Will you stow all that 'Cap'n, Cap'n'! Yer an addle-nosed, bottlebrained, butterbellied barnacle!"
~The Bellmaker
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." ~Terry Goodkind.

Flib Bigboat

[Horace said], "We wait for our leader to point to an enemy and say, 'Go whack him.' We leave geography and such to Rangers. We like you to feel superior."

"Go whack him, indeed," Halt said. "It must be comforting to lead such an uncomplicated life."
~Ranger's Apprentice
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

"Don't worry about me no matter what happens in this world. Nothing can happen to me that God doesn't want. And all that He wants, no matter how bad it may appear to us, is really for the best."

- Saint Thomas More.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on January 21, 2022, 12:54:13 AM
"Don't worry about me no matter what happens in this world. Nothing can happen to me that God doesn't want. And all that He wants, no matter how bad it may appear to us, is really for the best."
- Saint Thomas More.
"The fatal stroke was about to fall, when he signed for a moment's delay while he moved aside his beard. 'Pity that should be cut,' he murmured; 'that has not committed treason.' With which strange words, the strangest perhaps ever uttered at such a time, the lips most famous through Europe for eloquence and wisdom closed for ever."

Flib Bigboat

"I'll definitely do that, Ingvar. Point is, whatever they tell me you're worth, I'll get on my high horse and say it's not enough. Then we'll leave in a huff, taking you with us."

"I've always wanted to travel in a huff," Ingvar mused. "It sounds very comfortable. I imagine they're well padded."

"Lined with feathers, in fact," Gilan put in.
~Slaves of Socorro
Long live the RRR!

Ally046

Innocent until proven guilty.
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Flib Bigboat

"Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction."
~My great-grandfather
Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

A healthy animal, with a thoroughly strong constitution, is not altered in a moment at the first symptoms of illness. So with the empire in the reign of Constantine: it was by no means moribund and its breathing was still energetic; the neglect from which it was suffering seemed an insignificant item, until, by slow degrees, the malady grew, and reaching a crisis, threw the patient into utter confusion, complete disorder.

Michael Psellos, on the reign of Constantine IX
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Ally046

Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

MathLuk

"Do not be greedy for money, do not be untrustworthy, do not regard oneself as infallible, if a person fulfills these three, naturally he will be respected by everyone."
Zeng Guofan
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Flib Bigboat

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."
2 Timothy 4:7
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm still at large
So phooey to you.

-A letter zent by Zpider-Man tae J. Jonah Jameson (ze nevzpaper bloke vho really 'atez 'im und keepz tryin' tae dizcredit 'im und ruin 'iz reputation), from vone o' ze Zpider-Man comicz
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Flib Bigboat

"Can you see me now?"
~Horace, Halt's Peril
Long live the RRR!