News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Homeschoolers?

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: Verdauga on October 25, 2019, 03:55:32 PM
What online school are you using?
Which of you exams did you find most difficult?
I don't have a life, I NEED TO KNOW!  :P

I 'go' to a Catholic online school called Kolbe Academy. :)
I don't know, only two of my four classes had exams so there isn't a big pool to choose from, but I think I knew the least in History. The study guide my teacher provided was noooot helpful xD
Thanks for asking by the way! :)

Quote from: Verdauga on October 25, 2019, 11:26:33 PM
If she lives in the U.S. she isn't.
If she has post-school projects(admittedly doubtful), she isn't.

I live in the US, but I am usually doing homework on Saturdays (like this morning). Last year I was doing school basically every day, sometimes pretty late at night because I was taking 6 classes plus a 2 hour Homeschool Gym program two times a week and Choir on Wednesdays :P I also had Skating on Saturdays and Mass and Youth Group on Sundays. I have no idea how I managed to have free time xD

Verdauga

:o :o :o
Wow. Compared to yours, my schedule is empty. I applaud you for somehow finding free time.
QuoteThe study guide my teacher provided was noooot helpful xD
When the study guide is less useful than the book...*shakes head.*
Anyway, good on you for managing that.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Cornflower MM

You didn't. :P Have free time, I mean. I was also extremely worried for the majority of last year.

Only one of my classes had midterms this year - English. Had a busy week, studied for it the day it was due (as well as did all my other schoolwork that was due that night) and still have yet to see if I passed. :P

Verdauga

Well, :P... do you think you did well on it?

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Cornflower MM

Yeah it was all pretty simple stuff that's been on quizzes before.

Verdauga

Well that's good.
I ask because I took a Spanish test one time, looked at the first page, and thought, "Yep. I'm gonna fail this one."
Yes, I study. Don't look at me that way.

One-Eye the wildcat

My grades suck lately. I can't sleep, and when I do, I have nightmares. A half hour of sleep a day is normal for me. This has been going on for a week.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: One-Eye the wildcat on October 27, 2019, 12:37:16 AM
My grades suck lately. I can't sleep, and when I do, I have nightmares. A half hour of sleep a day is normal for me. This has been going on for a week.
Goodness! That sounds...rough. I can't imagine what life would be like with only half an hour of sleep.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

Basically, it is like being beaten near to death, and hopped up on so much caffeine (and other things) that you don't even feel anything below the neck. And run over by a bus.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

shisteer of nothing much

Out of curiosity, do you know this from personal experience?

Quote from: Verdauga on October 26, 2019, 03:17:59 PM
Errrrr, we do, but that was back in September.
Oh, okay. We have Labour day tomorrow.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

I have not been run over by a bus, but the rest of it has happened to me.

Long live the RRR!!

shisteer of nothing much

Ouch.

Has anybody else done wood work?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

I haven't really done a lot, but my brothers have. They also do lichtenberg figures which are really cool

Verdauga

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 27, 2019, 11:17:55 PM
Ouch.

Has anybody else done wood work?
If by 'woodwork' you mean constructing a barn out of 2x4s, or chopping firewood, then yes.

shisteer of nothing much

I guess that counts. Did the barn look cool?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!