Wild Ivy from the TV series

Started by Film Reel, June 08, 2013, 03:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Film Reel

Ivy from the TV series doesn't have a tail. Or maybe she does but I haven't seen it. I don't know. What happened to it? -trails off into random mutterings of theories and confusion-
When you're rife with devastation, there's a simple explanation.
You're a toymaker's creation, trapped inside a crystal ball.

And whichever way he tilts it, know that we must be resilient.
We won't let them break our spirits, as we sing our silly song.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Film Reel

Leatho Shellhound

Oh right, I didn't know her b/c she's not in the book. Well maybe it's under her cloak. Also you don't see the tails a lot in the TV series b/c they are hard to animate.  :)

click the banner

Film Reel

Aaaww, I was hoping for a several page long discussion like you guys did with my other post.

Leatho Shellhound

Oh, well this one seemed to have a quick answer. But maybe some one else has some more input.

click the banner

Film Reel

Leatho Shellhound

Well it look like lots of the users aren't on line at the moment, but I'm sure they will be in a moment.  :)

click the banner

Maudie

Quote from: Film Reel on June 08, 2013, 03:52:15 AM
Exactly what I'm waiting for.

Oh, ok, in that case...

Well, I don't remember much about Wild Ivy, I probably wouldn't even think of her not having a tail, I'm just not the kind of person who notices that type of thing ::)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Film Reel

Well excuuuuuuse me, Mask. -bops on head with book-

Maudie

Ow, that hurt. :D
You seem overly anxious for replies to this topic. It seems like after I post in it you post immediately.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Film Reel

*sigh* Yeah, I know. No discussion then.

Maudie

So, Wild Ivy? Discussion? Fun? Yay? If you say so!

Romsca

Ok, here goes...

I know you're probably thinking YAY! Someone's posting about her tail! Well, that's not what I was going to say. You see, she could have simply had it under her cloak or maybe she was born without it or she had it cut off in battle or amputated because of gangrene or infection. That being said, what I wanted to post about was her "psychic-ness". Was I the only one who found that weird? She seemed to palm-read, fortune-tell, and stuff like that. That was either just her showing off, in which case she should have been wrong somewhere, or she was actually telling the future. In that case, the Redwallers shouldn't have let her, since occult stuff like that wouldn't be allowed by a religious society like Redwall Abbey. Thoughts?

Lutra

Wild Ivy is also a one-off character of the series...you see her once, and never again.  Most fans see the episode as filler for the series, and it is.  Its not one of the strongest of the first season...Nelvana was still trying to figure out how to make the transition to screen work.  You're looking too much into a character that isn't meant to have much there in the first place.  It was cool she showed Matthias about the knife throwing and tricks, but Matthias' destiny was not to be skillful with a knife. ;)  I have no clue where her tail is, and frankly I never noticed it was missing.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra