News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Forum Lag?

Started by Dannflower Reguba, November 15, 2019, 07:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Hey everyone, just throwing this out here because I've noticed a bit of a problem since roughly last night. Is anyone else having crazy long wait times between a click and the command actually going through? My surfing around the forum has drastically slowed due to what seems to be server delay? If any of you have been having any sort of connectivity issue of late, we'd like to know. @Captain Tammo @DanielofRedwall
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Booklover

I've noticed it, but I thought it was just my internet.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

I've got some lag on my end, but I think it's the weather here.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

There has been a lot of rain for me, although no other sites I've gone on recently seem to be having a problem. So it could be server delay.

One-Eye the wildcat

This happens often for me. It's part of the reason why I don't post as much lately.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Kade Rivok

Yeah, I've definitely been having a problem with lag today.  Usually things upon up right away, but not today.  Haven't had problems with anything else internet-wise though, just the forums.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Kade Rivok

Update

I've switched locations and computers, and the lag is still very present.  Definitely something with the site.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

DanielofRedwall

Interesting, thanks guys. I'll take a look.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tungro

Yeah, I have noticed it for a while. It is probably because there are 688530 Posts in 9400 Topics by 2628 Members with more posting every day.

Kade Rivok

Update #2

For today, I haven't had any lag.  Don't know about everyone else though.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

DanielofRedwall

We are currently doing some back-end maintenance to hopefully cut down the lag time and avoid server issues. We will communicate with you all when we think we have gotten to the bottom of the issue. In the mean time I will lock this topic, if you have any further questions feel free to PM the staff.
Received mostly negative reviews.