News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Ratty Driftwood

Started by Faclan, January 23, 2020, 02:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

In the night, a caw as harsh as the scrape of sharp claws against chalkrock reverberates through the darkness. A cloud from the black fabric of the sky detaches itself from its course, descending downwards.

Another caw comes forth, this more urgent and more harsh. The falling cloud is no longer a cloud but a winged creature.
Black feathers are its mantle, not wisps of midnight and choking smoke. The cold air is no enemy of this bird, as she caws uproariously, circling in the air above a fire in the blackness.

As the wind shifts in whim, so does this crow shift in control. Now not a deft rider of the sky, she comes down to the earth in an inelegant mixture between flying, shuffling and twitching.

But she lands, and stands tall as she approaches the fire. Unafraid, seemingly, and undaunted, she raises her wings as she caws.

"Caw! I am she, Caw! Who are ye, drinkers and wanderers?"

(Is this alright? I intend for Caw to approach @Masika, @Shy-Guy and @Faclan)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Mara the Wolf

Veach jumped and spun around to face the crow, snarling, as Maut immediately got to his footpaws, his paw on his sword's hilt. "Should be askin' the same of you, crow," the silver fox said lowly.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Lady Ashenwyte

"I already cawed my name, ye! Caw, known as Bellybeak by some and Tealeaf by others. I am neither pleased nor ruffled to make your acquaitance."

Caw opens her wings wider, meeting black eyes with Maut.

"Snarling? Not with your fangs! I have wares for your dirty teeth, stoat, but for a price!"

If a bird could grin with unrivalled splendour, Caw would be doing that very well.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Faclan

(I meant skint, as in not much or many available)

Tul would thumbs up at the thanks and go back to stirring the pot in case any other beast wanted some. The smell nothing stellar but hey food was food when you didnt have much. The rats tail and ears start to flick and wriggle at the music being played as he sighed. Remembering the times of the sea - wondering if they were ever coming back. Before he was nearly flattened by a gust of wind of something large and air filled landed near them.

As the smallest breed of vermin Tul was shoved off the stool and thankfully not rolled over by the hot soup pot as it remained on its stand. But when he looked up it would be fairly clear what he thought of what he saw.

"Ne'i! Ne'i! Ta' mess'e'veh be'rd! Sa' ee'tms!" (No! No! The Massive Bird! Gona Eat us!)

Before he scrambled away and was soon hiding behind a tree. Peaking out at Caw and the others.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna's paws gripped the edge of the stump as the inky bird landed by the fire. Her breath caught in her throat and she forced herself to breathe deeply. The vixen could not stand large birds. She carefully maneuvered herself to crouch behind the stump, one paw clenched around the hilt of her dagger.
  "What is that thing doing here?" she growled softly, the fear seeming to shake her voice before it escaped from her.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Mara the Wolf

"She's a traderbeast, obviously," Maut grumbled. "Worse than anythin', 'ceptin' maybe an angry badger. They come t' peddle junk, an' they refuse t' leave ya alone 'till ya show 'em steel." The silver fox leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Course, she could always provide dinner. Never eaten a bird, mesself, but I hear they're s'posed t' be good eatin'." He grinned and winked at the vixen.
Fursonas:

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow allowed himself a smirk at Maut's idea, chuckling and shaking his head as he moved forward to greet the bird.
  "No, we'd better at least pretend we don't know what she wants."
  Moving forward, the captain held a paw out to the creature, not showing deference or aggression until she chose one of the options.
  "Good day. What can I help you with?"
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Shy-Guy

Greeneye eyed the bird warily. "I don't care what ye does with it, just keep it away from me foot."

Silvertongue sat up, looking over. "We could perhaps get some information from them." He mused, rubbing his chin. "With a trade of sorts."
Wahaoo Haoo! (That's Shy Guy for: 'You're Awesome!')

shisteer of nothing much

OOC: Ahem, Ash has disappeared, so I don't think we'll receive a reply in that quarter. What do y'all think of going back to before Tealeaf arrived, and potentially doing a short time skip to where Firestripe gets back and Belladonna is moving a bit more comfortably? I really enjoyed this RP and I would be quite sad if it died.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

OOC: Agreed. I will try to come back and post in this RP if it gets revived.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Faclan

Tul would thumbs up at the thanks and go back to stirring the pot in case any other beast wanted some. The smell nothing stellar but hey food was food when you didnt have much. The rats tail and ears start to flick and wriggle at the music being played as he sighed. Remembering the times of the sea - wondering if they were ever coming back. But the bubbling of the soul and nearly burning his stirring paw as it dipped from his musings quickly brought him back to reality. There would be no benefit of thinking of what could have been now. He was in the situation he was in as were the others. They just needed to work together and do what they could now.

Giving the soup a sniff he nodded and added in a few more of the basic herbs they had gathered today.

"Ta' so'ps all'mast' r'dy." He would speak at a slightly louder than normal volume to the beasts still up. Those sentries needed a warm pick me up as did the injured he suspected.

shisteer of nothing much

Sliteye grinned as the familiar tune began, tapping his paws enthusiastically, prepared to join in with the chorus, when the time came.

OOC: I figure we don't have a huge amount to say at the moment, so I'll just begin the timeskip now, before I'm obliged to make lyrics for The Blind Ol' Seal.

BIC:
  "Cap'n! Firestripe's comin' back! 'E looks to be in need of 'elp."
  Mharbrow looked up at the report.
  "Then give him help. You can get together a party well enough, Sliteye. You can take Tulian. I think he's had enough of sword fighting for one day."
  Sliteye grinned and slapped the rat's back good naturedly.
  "Harhar, mate. 'Ad some fun with the Cap'n? Didja beat 'I'm? Get up, ye lousy louses! 'Urry up!"
  Many beasts were already getting up to help, having heard that Firestripe was finally returning, hopefully with some news, and a bit of food. In short order, Sliteye had a raggly bunch as organised as they'd get, and he marched them towards the shore.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Firestripe made a quick headcount as his party filed into the forest, leaning against a tree in exhaustion. Pawsteps and the clank of running beasts alerted him to possible danger, and he straightened, sword in paw. The three beasts left in one piece from his party also drew weapons and stood ready, their injured and the two prisoners they'd taken in the middle of the circle.
  The fox relaxed as he recognised his own crewmates. Sliteye nodded, grinning.
  "Need some 'elp, eh? Good to see yer back alive, matey."
  The two groups clasped paws and exchanged greetings, then Sliteye's crew slung the wound over their shoulders and moved behind Firestripe. Sliteye pawed Tulian a spear and nodded to the rat.
  "You 'elp with th' prisoners, mate, an' keep an eye on them crewbeasts. Make sure they don't drop dead from tiredness."
  The weasel laughed raucously, and the party trudged off for camp.

OOC: Sorry it's short, but this should get the ball rolling. I'm away at the moment, and role-playing on my phone is not ideal. I'll edit when I get home if need be.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Faclan

Thankfully not completely fumbling the spear as it was handed to him Tul just nodded and tried to focus. He wasn't the prisoner this time which was good but it made him feel bad that he was now going what he had hated the others for doing to him so shortly before. And they looked miserable. Not at all helping his emotions about the whole thing as he gently prodded one of them with the spear haft.

"R...ra'ght up. Sa' on'ly a' l'l be't ta' cm'p. Ta' ca'n m'ke it." He encouraged. Trying to be at the back to assist those in going on. Trying to use his paws to help them up and keep up with the words. Though it was unlikely any of them were really understanding him.

Mara the Wolf

One of the two prisoners was Nyisha, first mate to Ulrik. The lynx was covered in scars, most of them fresh. Despite this, the lynx clearly had fire in her eyes and glared at Tulian and Sliteye as though the only thing stopping her from tearing them to pieces was the ropes binding her paws behind her back.
Fursonas: