News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Weird glitchy thingy!

Started by Scott McLamok, January 14, 2021, 08:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott McLamok

Lately I've noticed that whenever I click on a topic then go back to my unread it removes some of the other topics. It doesn't really harm me but its very annoying and inconvenient. No idea what wrong but I just wanted to let y'all know.
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Booklover

I've noticed that too. And also sometimes it not going to the earliest unread post on a topic.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

DanielofRedwall

I'll look into it, but it sounds like it might be a Simple Machines software issue rather than any settings we have control over.
Received mostly negative reviews.

shisteer of nothing much

Actually, yes. When I click on the new button thingy, often the topic right under that will mark itself as read too.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

James Gryphon

Upon investigation, this is a documented error that is apparently at large in recent browsers, especially Chromium-based ones (such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge). Someone mentioned a possible fix, and we intend to implement it shortly; let us know if the problem persists.
« Subject to editing »

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

I haven't been experiencing this recently sooo...Anyone getting this problem still?

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Booklover

Don't think so? I've been opening new tabs, though, to get around it.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Scott McLamok

This is the Way.

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

This is the Way.

MeadowR

This goes under 'weird glitchy thingy'!

I seem to have an ongoing issue with the scrollbar suddenly vanishing on and off. It's not just me as (name drop) Kade has also noticed it. Guessing it is exactly a glitch. Anything can be done?
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Kade Rivok

I can confirm that this does happen to me as well.  It happens after the page has loaded too, which is odd.  Like, the page'll load, I'll grab the scroll bar to scroll down the page, and then as I'm scrolling it'll just vanish. 

Well, it may be that the page hasn't finished loading before I start scrolling, and upon loading completely the scroll bar disappears, but either way it still goes bye bye.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Cornflower MM

I'll start checking into it, thanks for letting us know. What browser are y'all using?

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!