BIG NEWS! "Escape the Gloomer" Released!

Started by Captain Tammo, November 18, 2018, 09:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Team, we have news!

It's been several years since our favorite author passed away, but there's something special that has happened since then: SOMA Games, a company that has been working in collaboration with the Redwall Abbey Company and Penguin Books, have been developing The Lost Legends of Redwall, a set of video games set in the world of the Redwall series.

This is a project that not only had Brian's blessing, but has also been carefully put together with care and input from our community. The result is a set of works that blend story-telling we know from the books, the music we know from the audios, visuals above that of the TV show, and now an interactive element. Guys, this is a chance to check out the world of Redwall from an entirely new perspective! We're not talking about fan fiction anymore. After seven years, the Redwall team has new adventures for us!

Releases so far:

The first release was The Scout back in mid-September. This is the one a lot of you may already be familiar with. It takes place just two 2 seasons before the events in Redwall, and focuses on a pair of scouts who are attacked by a familiar villain from the Mossflower area. Personally, the in-game art is what sold me on this one. I'm a really big fan of how it takes on feel of being in a painting!

So what about the second release? Escape the Gloomer was put out just TWO DAYS AGO! Better yet, it's a story told in an entirely different format than The Scout. This story is a text adventure, a storybook that takes your input and incorporates it into the story as you play. During the events of Mossflower, you are Gillig, a young otter with a reputation for being a bit overeager and just a tad clumsy. You've been tasked with a seemingly simple mission to put yourself back in the good graces of the Skipper's crew: deep inside Kotir Castle, Lord Verdauga left something behind that, if in the possession of the woodlanders, could stop the war instantly. Should be easy to do now that The Gloomer has been taken care of. Erm, it was taken care of... right?

Links to the Steam pages:

The Scout

Escape the Gloomer

Wait... what is "Steam"?

Steam is a free, commercial program for your computer that works as an online store and library for video games. As of this year, there are about 150 million accounts (I myself am one).  So if you are a parent trying to get this set up for your child, you can rest at ease with using Steam to get things going; you're not downloading junk!  Here's a link to the page to get set up with the software and make an account.

Have Fun!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior