News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders! XIV

Started by Delthion, March 16, 2015, 09:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

OOC: Okay, I might have to. To have an even number of players.

IC: Many have heard of the only congenial Overlord. No one believes what they've heard; a master of the skies secretly controlling the almost all of the known world. Many of heard of Overlords that are evil and destroy their enemies in flame and squash them without care. But you are in the employ of the only Overlord that isn't regarded a terrorist by law enforcement. You know, however, that this one has a short temper, and has the means to dispose of anyone who gets in his way.

You walk into a room to see a large window on the far wall looking out over the countryside whizzing by. There are several paintings that look to be from the Renaissance, there is a large hound with its head between it's paws, it looks up at you then puts his paws back. Then you see a high-back leather chair facing away from you. It turns and you see a rather tall man, wearing a brown blazer over a black turtleneck sipping tea.

The man takes one final sip of tea and then says to you; "Ah, good, I see you have arrived. I've been waiting. I'm sure you've been treated hospitably. Aside from the method of your arrival. But it's a necessary safety precaution. As you can see I am a different kind of Overlord. Accomplish your tasks with ease and you shall eventually rise in my ranks. Fail and I'm ashamed to say, I will explode in anger and things will happen to you of a less...pleasant nature.

My first task for you isn't very hard, just warming you up to things. You are to retrieve the original
Bleriot XI that Louis Bleriot himself flew across the English Channel. It's part of the Shuttleworth Collection in Old Warden, Biggleswade, England. I've already contacted the owner, his name is William Lett, and he is ready for you to come and retrieve the plane.

Two weeks later. "Am I really to understand this?! Mr. Sandpaw, I've heard from the owner of the plane, who was a good friend of mine! That you were attempting to steal it and held William at gunpoint! Also, Soren, what was the meaning of throwing watermelons at the wings?! Skyblade, William has told me that they chose you to fly the plane because of your long history of flying historical planes. Not only did they find that you didn't have a license. But you've never flown a plane in your life! I thought that this would be a simple task, but not only is the plane destroyed and history has been lost! But you have nearly had me proclaimed a terrorist! Explain! All of you!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

Sir, please accept my apologies for this tragedy. Let me make clarify what happened.

I was honestly very excited about this mission and determined to do my best and do it right. We found and met the owner of the plane you wished for us to receive, a pleasant man named William Lett. I was just talking to Lett about this historical artifact when all of us heard sudden shuffling behind us. Spinning around, I met the unexpected and terrifying sight of Sandpaw trying to take the plane away. I yelled for the others to help me as I ran up to Sandpaw in an effort to stop him. It was William Lett who reached Sandpaw first and tried to stop him. However, Sand drew out a gun and threatened to shoot him if things didn't go his way.

I was terrified by this point and I knew that we had to restrain Sand and get out of here quickly before he caused any damage to Lett. Now, since I'm not the strongest one of the group to say the least, I asked Plugg and Izeroth to try to grab Sand, restrain him in some way, and drag him into the plane. They managed to get him in the plane, and I went to apologize to William Lett for this event. However, he had fled before Sand or any of us could deal him any harm. I went back to the plane to notify the others, and found that the pilot we had been assigned was killed.

I was definitely panicking by this point. I wanted to go back and try to find William Lett, but Sage told me that it was going to be okay anyway and tried to fly the plane back himself. But I knew that Sage had absolutely no experience with planes, and nether did anyone else except me. I still tried to convince Sage that I couldn't fly the plane as I had no license, but he and Soren told me to fly it or they would destroy the plane altogether. I felt like the threat was serious, as they were even holding flamethrowers up to the plane's surfaces, so I flew the plane to guard it from any potential harm.

However, some way through our journey, we heard strange sounds. I sent Plugg to investigate and he realized that the wings were not working well due to watermelon on them. He also told me that he had seen Soren throwing the fruit at the wings earlier. Almost crying with fear, I tried to contact someone for help but as I was running, Izeroth knocked me out with a pole.

When I woke up, I realized that we had crashed and were blessed to still have our skins. Apparently, William Lett had been hiding nearby as the plane took off and had seen me fly the plane. But I assure you, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for Sage and Soren's threat to completely obliterate it.

(I don't know if this is too long...I'll check. I hope this is okay for my very first OO post!

EDIT: Nope, this is around 500 words. Phew :DD)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

(OOC: I had a longer post, but it was ninja'd. ;) I hope this one isn't too short.)

I can attest this, sir! Everything that Sky has said is true. After she was knocked out by Izeroth, I rushed to the cockpit because I noticed that the plane started to angle downward. I flung the door open to find Izeroth filming the plane going down, shouting something about how many views it would get. I rushed forward, pushed him out of the way and tried to regain control of the plane, but it was too late because we were already flying at a low altitude. I think that Izeroth, Soren and Sage are responsible, sir!

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Big long post and I'm no longer bale to use it. Bleh, Back to typing.

IC: One of the young pilots stepped forward shaking his head sadly at the accusations.

"Sir what Sky says is true, However because she was preoccupied talking to r William she didn't see the entire thing. As you probably know the plane we were sent to get is a rather small thing, only able to seat on person and we had decided before hand that Soren should fly it back him being the best pilot of us all. Once we landed I set about getting fuel in the plane we had flown there in hoping to fly a convoy back with Soren in the other Aircraft. While the others were talking me Soren and Sage noticed a Watermelon truck come by selling the fruit for cheap.

Well we all jumped up and rushed over being rather hungry and started buying melons for the trip. Well Sage and Soren had just taken big bites of the melon and went completely insane and tried to jump me. As you know sir I am a licensed concealed weapon carrier so I pulled my gun and knocked them off of me and ran over to the others while Sage and Soren threw melons everywhere.

William saw me coming with the weapon and yelled for me to take the plane and to leave him alone before I could say a thing. He must have thought I was trying to high jack it.
Melons were flying and I didn't want to shoot Soren or Sage so I tried to take cover behind the plane you sent us to get when Plugg and Izeroth got me from behind and knocked me out.

I woke up later in the back of the Cessna you sent us in tied up in duct tape and unable to move until we got back here. You have my deepest apologies on the matter sir.

OOC: Hey guys just so you know the plane is very small 

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

Sir, although I am a pilot, I'm only a good pilot at model airplanes, I told everyone that I had no experience whatsoever with a full size airplane.
And the watermelons weren't intendid to cause the mission to have a minor hiccup. I'll tell you what happened to me. I was working on a spreadsheet for the other servants on ways to improve work ethic, but Sage interrupted me and said that the plane was I fested with mites. I had no knowledge of this, and had been at work the whole time proir to that event. You see, Sage had told me that the infamous Eurasian Wing Mites had infested the plane, and we're clinging to the exterior surfaces. He said under normal conditions, you would take the plane and destroy it. But, seeing as it was a piece of history, we were to do our best to remove the mites. Eurasian Wing Mites bury themselves into a plane wing, and corrode the engine, so we couldn't fly unless they were removed. Sage said he was the "expert on mites and airplanes" and said that we should use flamethrowers to remove the mite from the plane. So I did as I was "ordered" because Sage said he would head the mission.
After that, he said to remove any excess mites, we should get the plane in the air to fling them off. I said I didn't think that was a good idea, but Sage is the "expert". Anyway, he went to Sky and threatened to destroy the plane. I was standing next to him, and had no idea what he ment. I tried to interrupt, but he pointed the flamethrower at me.
Anyway, after we flamethrowed the mites off the plane, he said we should use watermelons as a replant against the mites so they wouldn't come back. I have no experience with mites or airplanes, so I did as I was told. I threw the watermelons against the plains wings. I didn't have any idea they would effect the flight, Sage said it would be fine. He suggested we buy them from the fruit truck passing by.
When we bought the melons, Sage and Iz cried out "Sand has a gun and is crazy! Get him!" I have no experience, seeing as I am an office clerk. So I did as I was told and threw the melons, as I was ordered too.
I had no idea that there was going to be a problem sir, I was only doing what I was told would advance the mission further. I would never do anything to sabotage this mission. I didn't do anything after we had flamethrowed the plane and added the watermelon repellant. I sat in my seat and worked on the office work for you the entire time. It must have been Sage or Iz that made a mistake.

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 23, 2015, 11:14:00 PM
(OOC: I had a longer post, but it was ninja'd. ;) I hope this one isn't too short.)

I can attest this, sir! Everything that Sky has said is true. After she was knocked out by Izeroth, I rushed to the cockpit because I noticed that the plane started to angle downward. I flung the door open to find Izeroth filming the plane going down, shouting something about how many views it would get. I rushed forward, pushed him out of the way and tried to regain control of the plane, but it was too late because we were already flying at a low altitude. I think that Izeroth, Soren and Sage are responsible, sir!

OOC:This made me laugh out loud ;D

@Sandpaw: Oops! Sorry, I don't know anything about planes. Thank you for telling us about the plane size; that helps!

EDIT: I just read the rule that we're not supposed to write pure OOC posts. Really sorry about that!! (Coming from me, not my roleplay character). I'll try to remember that from now on.

Izeroth

I did indeed hit Skyblade with a pole. In hysteria, she was messing up the interior of the plane and flipping all these random switches. I smacked her with a pole to prevent further damage and confusion.

Plugg makes it sound as if I was just filming for fun, but you must realize that it was a serious matter. I was filming a special plane documentary for the government, and I needed to capture some footage of our plane doing a special downward path. I thought I might post it on YouTube as well, as an informative video on advanced flying tactics. The plane was in no danger until Plugg took over; the downward path I was taking, while looking alarming, was in fact designed to conserve fuel and increase our speed.

Skyblade

Quote from: Izeroth on March 23, 2015, 11:45:31 PM
I did indeed hit Skyblade with a pole. In hysteria, she was messing up the interior of the plane and flipping all these random switches. I smacked her with a pole to prevent further damage and confusion.

I acknowledge that this is true, Overlord. However, you must understand and consider my motives. I never, ever intended to mess up the interior of the plane. I was very panicked because of all the trauma that had occurred because of my teammates, and accidentally damaged a small part of the wall. It was actually a very minor scrape that would not have affected the plane's workings and could barely be seen, but when I saw it, I decided at once to fix it later so I could make up for it.

As for flipping random switches, I was merely looking for the correct switch with which I could use to call somebody for help. I truly believed that the plane was falling and did not know that we were just doing a downward path "for fun".

Anyway, the minimal to no damage that I did would not have caused major repercussions. I believe that even if I were not to have been knocked out, I would not have done anything major. In fact, I was trying to improve the situation, and I apologize if I did not.

Delthion

OOC: Wow, this is the best first round that I've ever seen! Going to be very hard to choose someone to leave.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

OOC: Please let me live, I was unable to respond earlier.

BIC: Indeed, as everybody says, I am the expert of airplane mites. As a matter of fact, they are so ugly I chose to hide them from Soren because he might overreact to the sight of them. Alas, he did see them, and as a result he threw cantaloupes at us all, then went back to his office work, framing me for the cantaloupes. And our threat to obliterate the plane? Who said it was the plane you were flying, Sky? You obviously didn't see the paper plane Soren and I had constructed to test the wind. That was the plane we threatened to destroy.

The one thing Izeroth isn't letting on is that he planned to edit the video later and frame us all (except himself) for unsafe flying (which it was, thanks to Sky. {she almost got us killed!}) and the wreckage of an antique airplane. As a matter of fact, as soon as he was done filming he set up a false landing strip for us - that was 200 feet short of the required length. Not only did he wish to kill us, but he wanted to wreck the mission all along.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

OOC: This is really cool and enjoyable. And you all are very good :)

IC: I did not know anything about a paper plane. Neither Sage nor Soren mentioned it to me at all, so how was I to have even an idea? And apparently they expected me to see a tiny piece of paper art when they didn't show me it at all, but kept it in Soren's office. And when they threatened to destroy a plane while they held flamethrowers up to our plane, it would have been the most likely supposition that they were planning to do something to the artifact...and I had to stop them.

That is why I got into the plane as fast as I could and flew it away, meaning to fly it only for a few minutes until it was safe from Sage and Soren's reach. However, while the plane was apparently taking a simple downward turn (as we just found out from Izeroth), what caused the plane to crash right after was the malfunctioning of the wings because of the watermelon. I did not know a thing about this whole mites incident until the very moment Soren opened his mouth to say his story. Sage and Soren didn't tell me a thing.

Clearly there was a lot of confusion regarding what to do. I was only acting in the way I thought best at the time to keep the plane safe.

Hickory

The water melons were, indeed, mite repellant, but I agree that I miscalculated the weight of each one. I never meant it to destroy the plane. As for the flamethrowers... *scratches back of neck* they were the best way to take care of the lice. I admit I was a littel high when I made the threat...

A boon, a boon, spare me!

Søren

OOC: Sorry if this gets on anyone's nerves.
BIC:

Uh, your highness sir, I did help Sage make that paper airplane, but he told me it was to be a gift for his "beloved". I didn't know which of the girls near the mission site was his "beloved", so I didn't say anything to Sky. Sage said that she would get jealous of the "sweetness".  Sage said that we were going to test it in the wind to make sure it worked, and then give it to his "beloved". I thought it was a wonderful gesture of kindness and affection. But since I didn't know who he was planning on giving it too, I didn't say anything. Sage had said if I told Sky, she would get jealous of the "sweetness." I didn't that we were in danger of THAT, but I didn't want to take any chances.
And as far as the mites went and me not telling Sky, Sage said we shouldn't say anything to anyone about his gift for his "beloved" and that if we told anyone about the mites, they would go digging for more information and would get him discovered.
I stayed away from Sage and Sky in case the "sweetness" was going to be displayed. That would just make an awkward situation worse.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

OOC: Good thing this isn't on SFC.

BIC: Beloved? You must mean my "beloved friendSkyblade. Let me tell you, those mites are intelligent. They frame every mechanic, pilot, and service engineer who messses with them. Frame them with what, you say? Oh, frame us for criminal activities. I was really doing everyone a favor by eliminating the mites.

Izeroth

While it did appear that I was trying to frame everyone for crashing the plane, and while I did set up a fake runway, I assure you that this was not a bad thing. I overheard Sagetip, you see, plotting to overthrow you. Therefore, I thought I would pretend to be plotting and framing people myself, and set up a fake runway just for extra effect. I assumed that Sagetip would then fill me in on his plan, and then I would be able to capture him.