News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Percy Jackson Thread

Started by Jetthebinturong, December 29, 2014, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 13, 2015, 11:48:24 PM
Apologies for the double post but I had to share this

It's awesome! Where'd you find it?

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Mask

Excuse me? WHERE is Leo? Or frank for that matter.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Jetthebinturong

It's the children of the big three

And I've been looking up Solangelo like non-stop since yesterday, Hades help me

Jetthebinturong

Heh heh

Rainshadow

That last one though...  ;D  Yeah, no, Percy's ten thousand times better than Hercules.  The only thing I can really remember about Hercules is that I didn't like him.  Seriously, all I remember is that they met him on some island and I didn't like him.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 25, 2015, 11:45:23 PM
  That last one though...  ;D  Yeah, no, Percy's ten thousand times better than Hercules.  The only thing I can really remember about Hercules is that I didn't like him.  Seriously, all I remember is that they met him on some island and I didn't like him.  :P

Agreed! The first one made me laugh so hard, though. . . .  ;D

Jetthebinturong

Does anyone else think that this series should be made into an animated TV show (that, you know, actually follows the storyline of the books) and not live-action movies?

Rainshadow

I generally just like the idea of making books into shows instead of films.  When you have a movie, it's gotta be a certain time limit and thus has several bits cut out and/or changed.  When it's a show, you could take several weeks to tell a story instead of just two or two and a half hours.  It's much nicer.

So, yes, an animated TV show would be way better than the movies in my opinion.  ;)  I'd say live action, but then I start to think of all the TV shows that have really horrible animation when there are monsters and such, and that makes me shudder.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on February 02, 2015, 11:12:16 PM
Does anyone else think that this series should be made into an animated TV show (that, you know, actually follows the storyline of the books) and not live-action movies?

I don't, because I wouldn't be able to see it. . . . . . . . . . . .

Rusvul

Jetthebinturong

Revive.

As I recently got into The Kane Chronicles I've been looking up fanart today and I've come across a distressing number of images in which Carter is not black. Seriously, why have so many people drawn him with white skin? He's black, it's an important part of his character, it effects his behaviour and the way he dresses. He even says that his dad told him that people would judge him more harshly because of his skin colour. I don't get people.

Jetthebinturong

Double post sorry.

I've begun the construction of a Camp Half-Blood Minecraft map. Now, I don't know how to host a server so I'm afraid you won't be able to play it but if anyone's interested I'll try to post screenshots periodically.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on February 04, 2015, 12:08:52 AM
Why would that be?

(Super late, I don't care.) Because my family doesn't have TV. We have one, but we just se it for movies. But hey, always YouTube, right? Or other places. (If I was interesed in any TV show. Which I'm not.)

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on May 30, 2015, 12:25:11 AM
Double post sorry.

I've begun the construction of a Camp Half-Blood Minecraft map. Now, I don't know how to host a server so I'm afraid you won't be able to play it but if anyone's interested I'll try to post screenshots periodically.

Really?! Cool! Screenshots would be awesome. :)

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on May 28, 2015, 02:35:33 PM
Revive.

As I recently got into The Kane Chronicles I've been looking up fanart today and I've come across a distressing number of images in which Carter is not black. Seriously, why have so many people drawn him with white skin? He's black, it's an important part of his character, it effects his behaviour and the way he dresses. He even says that his dad told him that people would judge him more harshly because of his skin colour. I don't get people.

Yeah, people are weird. i once had an argument with this girl about that. It's been stated multiple times in the books! Why do people not get that?

Jetthebinturong