How big are the largest of the vermin armies?

Started by Sebias of Redwall, February 27, 2019, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

The Grey Coincidence

Some were bullied in. Press-ganged and stuff.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

Some probably only were in it for the loot an adventure as well.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on May 30, 2019, 04:08:16 AM
Some were bullied in. Press-ganged and stuff.
Cluny did that in Redwall if I remember correctly.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jack the Quick

He did, but only to those that showed resistance.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 30, 2019, 07:23:57 PM
He did, but only to those that showed resistance.
I kinda wonder how many did...

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jack the Quick

Probably not many, considering how vermin always seem ready to join a new horde and also, Cluny's rats must've looked pretty terrifying.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 30, 2019, 07:36:59 PM
Probably not many, considering how vermin always seem ready to join a new horde and also, Cluny's rats must've looked pretty terrifying.
True.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

That doesn't mean they liked being in the horde...

Sebias of Redwall

"Once you try to separate one from the other, you are a dead man." ~Stoic the Vast; Dragons: Race to the Edge~
This is probably what most of the woodlanders would have been thinking when they fought vermin....

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

I doubt they were thinking much. The woodlanders are basically always the victim and are fighting defensively 6/10-  when you're dealing with a sudden ambush there isn't much thought given to 'this beast is a nice guy'. Staying alive becomes the priority.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on June 03, 2019, 04:37:50 AM
I doubt they were thinking much. The woodlanders are basically always the victim and are fighting defensively 6/10-  when you're dealing with a sudden ambush there isn't much thought given to 'this beast is a nice guy'. Staying alive becomes the priority.
That... was the point I was trying to make, but you explained it beautifully.  ;D

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on June 02, 2019, 11:45:27 PM
"Once you try to separate one from the other, you are a dead man." ~Stoic the Vast; Dragons: Race to the Edge~
This is probably what most of the woodlanders would have been thinking when they fought vermin....

You just said what the woodlanders were thinking. My point is that they weren't thinking.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on June 03, 2019, 04:40:58 AM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on June 02, 2019, 11:45:27 PM

You just said what the woodlanders were thinking. My point is that they weren't thinking.
Ah, I see.  :)

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!