Suggestions for Lord Brocktree the Movie

Started by Ciaran Galedeep, May 13, 2012, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciaran Galedeep

Several things if they make a Redwall Movie I think it would be cool start in a chronological order with Lord Brocktree.
Full re-life style animation (think cross avatar with Lord of the Rings) in a 3hr+ saga
Full Star Voice Cast- (some of my thoughts)
Ungutt Trunn- Alan Rickmann
Grand Fragool- Judi Dench
Karagool- Johnny Depp
Brogalow- Karl urban
Stiffener Meddick- Viggo Mortanson
Bucko Bigbones-Tom Cruise
Jukka the Sling- undecided
Brocktree- Hugo Weaving
Fleetscut- undecided
Southpaw-Will Ferral
Bobweave- Owen Wilson

Osu

Funny - I was thinking about a Lord Brocktree movie today! Found the perfect preview music and mentally storyboarded the whole thing, haha. ;D Mind, I pictured it in an animation style closer to The Tale of Despereaux or Guardians. I like how you've got Owen Wilson and Will Ferral as the twins, though - cracked me up. XD

I shall nominate (as voice actors)....

Liam Neeson as Brocktree himself
Robert Downey, Jr. as Bucko.
Chris Evans as one of the twins... perhaps both?
Patrick Stewart as Lord Stonepaw

Gah, you've got me thinking, now... ;)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Log-a-Log

I agree. Robert Downey Jr. would be really good for Bucko
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Redwallfan7

I think the same music instrumental  track that was used in The Jungle Book (animated) movie would fit really well with this or  any Redwall movie.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

Zomg Liam Neeson would be THE BEST BROCKTREE.

Also agree with Alan Rickman as Ungatt.

I'd like Sir Ian McKellan for Stonepaw I think.

*ruminates on other good choices... will respond more later.*

Edit:  TIM CURRY.  As Fleetscut.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Osu

Tim Curry as Fleetscut = YES, YES, YES! ;D

Re: the soundtrack...
How about a collaboration between George Bruns and Hans Zimmer? Guaranteed goodness. Immediate Music for the previews, too, and for the obligatory ending lyrical, composition by Phil Collins or Elton John and vocals by Steve Winwood.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Flandor

I think it would be neat if they did a full-orchestra arrangement as a play on the animated snow's theme song, sort of like an homage to the cartoon.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

MatthiasMan

I want them to make a redwall movie SOOO badly. Like not a kid kind. Like a chronological ordered fight movie.

Tiria Wildlough

That would be awesooooommme! Though it would probably be rated M. Still, I would watch it.
I dunno about actors, though.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Bragoon

I'm thinking more like PG, since they usually reserved M for more explicit stuff.  Even the violence in Redwall probably wouldn't warrant an M, and they probably wouldn't even put in enough to earn a PG-13.  It is a kids' book, after all.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwallfan7

I'd say the voice cast of the animated Disney movies would have worked. Maybe sterling holloway for any snake's voice. If he was still alive.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Bragoon on May 24, 2012, 05:47:44 PM
I'm thinking more like PG, since they usually reserved M for more explicit stuff.  Even the violence in Redwall probably wouldn't warrant an M, and they probably wouldn't even put in enough to earn a PG-13.  It is a kids' book, after all.
I think that in order to follow the book properly, it would have to be M for violence.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

They could change some things, in gore. I don't think any Redwall movie would be rated M, Brian Jacques would be horrified.

Skipper

Nice! Liam Neeson would be an awesome choice!

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 11, 2012, 08:10:42 AM
Quote from: Bragoon on May 24, 2012, 05:47:44 PM
I think that in order to follow the book properly, it would have to be M for violence.
I think it would be fairly practical to run a pg13... think the lord of the rings... definatily intense but no horror film by any stretch of the imagination. I think to do the story full justice you would have to push away from the very cartoonish version of the tv show and give more of the feel of a cross between the LOTR and the Legend of the Gardians, based of the Gardians of Ga'Hoole