News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Season 1 and Movie

Started by tzolak, April 22, 2015, 12:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzolak

Howdy there.
I'm kind of new to the Redwall series, as I only in the last year learned of its existence (thanks to a dear friend) and started reading the series within the last several months. I know there is an animated film and a few of the books have animated adaptations, but I am having little luck locating such things. Anyone have any advice? I checked on Amazon and Ebay (US based searches as I am from the US) and haven't had much luck (found a few but those are extremely expensive it seems). Anyone have any good ideas where I may find these?

The Skarzs

A movie for Redwall has been put up for consideration, though it will be years before we see anything for that.
As for the animated children's series, one might be able to find them at the library (depending on the availability of the libraries and what they have), but other than that I have never seen them being sold. :P My grandma had recorded some of them when it was on TV, so I never really thought about it.

Also, welcome to the forum!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

JangoCoolguy

You can watch the entire cartoon series on YouTube. Also available on Amazon Instant Video to rent or own. (Anyone know if it's on iTunes?)

Sadly, there's no official movie yet (not sure there ever will be).

But beware of a release that calls itself a movie but is actually scenes from the show edited into a feature length film.

Edraithel

Please don't link to the series unless it is to a place where you can buy a copy. Thanks.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

LordTBT

The animated film is actually an abridged version of season one of the TV series. You can find it on Amazon and eBay.

http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-Movie-Marion-Day/dp/B000AARKZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429747873&sr=8-1&keywords=redwall+the+movie

The show is also available on Amazon Instant Streaming
http://www.amazon.com/Cluny-The-Scourge-Part-One/dp/B00DIX41HE/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1429747938&sr=1-1&keywords=redwall

Unfortunately, as the DVDs quickly go out of print, the prices go up by independent sellers. Avoid those 'season collections' that are exorbitant.

You can find the first half of season one on eBay for $15-20.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redwall-The-Adventure-Begins-/171750067172?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fd1a0be4

The second half is around $12.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redwall-The-Next-Adventure-Episodes-7-13-New-Dvd-/301575193906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4637484532

Everyone else here should know better than to link to or recommend services that are illegally hosting Brian Jacques content. That's a copyright violation.

Lutra

Season 1 on amazon for streaming: http://www.amazon.com/Cluny-The-Scourge-Part-Two/dp/B00DIX41HE/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1429748521&sr=1-1&keywords=redwall

Season 2 on amazon for streaming: http://www.amazon.com/CAPTURED/dp/B00DIX73NS/ref=sr_1_2?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1429748521&sr=1-2&keywords=redwall

Additionally, yes the dvds do cost a bit these days.  I waited a LONG time for the right deals to come about, and I got Season 2 and 3 for about $30 each.  If you're patient, you get lucky every now and then.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

tzolak

Thanks for the posts! I did note I could watch it on youtube, but I want to have a hard copy so I don't have to stream it as my internet connection is kinda flimsy at times. I did note one on Ebay (I think) but it was like $91...which I cannot afford right now, so I will have to keep hunting and maybe youtube will suffice. :) I have a dear friend who got me into reading the books (Just started Legend of Luke this evening) and she always told me about the animated series...so I wanted to give it a try. :)

A bit off topic...is it weird that her (my friend) and I want to dress up as Redwall characters, make recipes from the Redwall cookbook and have a picnic sometime this summer? Her and I both love to cook, and we both own a copy of the cookbook...haha and I have determined I will be a Redwall mouse and she wants to be a hare! ;) :P

Skyblade

That sounds cool! :)

Welcome to the forums, tzolak. If you post in the Introduction Topic in the Front Lawns subforum, you can receive more greetings.

Link: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

As interesting and fun as it would be to have Redwall food, I'm not sure how wise it would be to dress up as animals and have a picnic. ;) I've made vegetable soup before (recipe in the Recipes board), so I think having the Redwall foods would be most enjoyable.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

tzolak

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 23, 2015, 03:12:19 AM
As interesting and fun as it would be to have Redwall food, I'm not sure how wise it would be to dress up as animals and have a picnic. ;) I've made vegetable soup before (recipe in the Recipes board), so I think having the Redwall foods would be most enjoyable.

We wouldn't really dress up as animals so much as find/make outfits of the traditional garb they wear, along with weapons and all. Basically cosplay (which neither of us is really into...) but it'd be kinda fun..and she's really good at costume design. :)

The Skarzs

As Blaggut said, I believe. . .

. . . Snuggies.
XP Ironic that this color isn't too far off. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

tzolak

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 23, 2015, 03:43:58 AM
As Blaggut said, I believe. . .

. . . Snuggies.
XP Ironic that this color isn't too far off. . .
I don't get it...

The Skarzs

Snuggies. They're like a hybrid blanket/bathrobe. Blaggut (another member) was saying that the habits were like snuggies, and I didn't like the idea. *Is feeling awkward.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

tzolak

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 23, 2015, 03:53:52 AM
Snuggies. They're like a hybrid blanket/bathrobe. Blaggut (another member) was saying that the habits were like snuggies, and I didn't like the idea. *Is feeling awkward.*

Oh. Interesting...I don't think I agree personally..but I could be mistaken. My friend said I could either be a Shrew or Abbey Mouse...as much as I love the Shrews and their Log-a-Log, I opted to me a mouse :P

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: tzolak on April 23, 2015, 02:58:51 AM
A bit off topic...is it weird that her (my friend) and I want to dress up as Redwall characters, make recipes from the Redwall cookbook and have a picnic sometime this summer? Her and I both love to cook, and we both own a copy of the cookbook...haha and I have determined I will be a Redwall mouse and she wants to be a hare! ;) :P

Ain't nuthin' wrong with that! ;D

Not anything people from other fandoms don't do!