If I was a character, who would I be...

Started by Free Thought, May 06, 2013, 12:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Thought

Okay, just a little fun post here. I'm going to pose a riddle about the identity of a character and let's see if anyone can guess it. 

Rules:  1.One guess per post/member- and no, alter-egos don't count as a second vote! (jokes)
           2.I'll only post one riddle a day until I get bored or run out of characters.  At that point I'll turn it over to whoever wants to carry it on.  Deal? Good.

Alright, riddle #1- Let's see how well you know your characters!

AHEM!!!!

I travelled for seasons with my shadow on both sides.
My diction was short, but it was not meant to chide.
I was the leader of many, in peace then in tact.
I missed my homeland, but I could never go back.
My paws smell of feverfew, my clothing is coarse.
I was strong in conviction, but I never used force.
I was old as the hills when I came to the 'Hall,
And I was older still when we first raised Redwall!

Now who am I?

Romsca

Osu

Oh! Oh! I know the answer to a riddle! I'm so excited! Whatshername! It's whatsername!

....I actually need to go look it up, isn't that sad? Shame on me. Shame and fie.

Abbess Germaine!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

KitrallStreamrippler

Abbess Germaine? (Yes! I knew it!)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Ungatt Trunn

Ungatt Trunn is who I'd be! Though I wouldn't let myself get killed!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Free Thought

And the winner is....

Quote from: Osu on May 06, 2013, 06:43:57 AM
Oh! Oh! I know the answer to a riddle! I'm so excited! Whatshername! It's whatsername!

....I actually need to go look it up, isn't that sad? Shame on me. Shame and fie.

Abbess Germaine!

ABBESS GERMAINE!!!!  Yes, Osu, you know your characters. Or at least this one.  Now, here is the next riddle.  Can you guess who it is?

Peri, oh sweet Peri- will your course be true?
From the deep south we travelled over the ocean blue.
Peri, oh sweet Peri- did we heed the call?
Across the seas and o'er land to the place of sandstone wall.
Peri, oh sweet Peri- was my spirit not meant to rest?
I forged with the masters and fought amongst the best.
Peri, oh sweet Peri- in the north we were not meant to dwell.
But back to the south under new command- oh, what a story to tell!

Now, who am I?

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Tam and Martin

I' not sure if I'm supposed to give out clues but I think Peri stands for something. I also think it has something to do with Southsward...That's just me.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ajc3000fox

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 07, 2013, 08:40:59 PM
I' not sure if I'm supposed to give out clues but I think Peri stands for something. I also think it has something to do with Southsward...That's just me.
I agree. Although its been quite a while since I read the Bell Maker. Its obvious who ever is speaking is addressing "Peri"
and that they journeyed to Redwall. I think the identity is exposed in "i forged with the masters and fought with the best" and then it concludes with them returning south under a new command, or leader. But its been so long since bell maker....
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

CrazyPug37

QuoteFrom the deep south we travelled over the ocean blue.

Whoever said this had went on a long adventure over the ocean, starting in the Deep South.

QuotePeri, oh sweet Peri- did we heed the call?

They must of gotten some type of call, maybe a message.

QuoteAcross the seas and o'er land to the place of sandstone wall.

"Place of sandstone wall" obviously means Redwall Abbey.
Peri, oh sweet Peri- was my spirit not meant to rest?

QuoteI forged with the masters and fought amongst the best.

They must of made a sword or some weapon with Badger Lords, and trained with them.

QuotePeri, oh sweet Peri- in the north we were not meant to dwell.

This basically gives it away.  "In the north we were not meant to dwell".  Didn't Martin the Warrior leave the northlands after his father left?

I'm not sure, but I believe that was said bye the great Martin of Redwall.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Free Thought

Oh, you guys were SOOO CLOSE!!!!

Quote from: Ajc3000fox on May 07, 2013, 10:21:30 PM
I agree. Although its been quite a while since I read the Bell Maker. Its obvious who ever is speaking is addressing "Peri"
and that they journeyed to Redwall. I think the identity is exposed in "i forged with the masters and fought with the best" and then it concludes with them returning south under a new command, or leader. But its been so long since bell maker....

Tam and Martin, and Ajc3000fox- you guys were on the right trail, but since you didn't name a specific name... I guess no one got it.  :'(

The correct answer friends is ... *drum roll* ... JOSEPH THE BELLMAKER.
(Hints in the riddle where "Peri" (short for his ship Periwinkle), travel from south to north/ then north to south again, "new command" (he became the commander of the Southsward army after the battle at Castle Floret, and more obviously "forged and fought" (Forged the Joseph Bell and fought in many battles).

Alright, that was a bit of a tougher one- you all ready for round 3???

You won't find us in a tree branch,
Don't look for us in the sea.
Not a river, not a farm-ranch,
Not even a grassy lea.
For we dwell in the forest,
Soft mosses 'neath our paws.
Humming the woodland chorus,
Breakin' good Bella's laws.
Our best friend is a thief,
Our hero wields a sword.
Our favourite cat won't hurt a leaf,
Can you tell we're never bored?
Our mother is a fine cook,
Our father stern and true.
Adventure gives us prickles-
Say! What are two lads to do?

Now, who am I... er, we?

Rainshadow

That's easy!  Ferdy and Coggs!  I was sorta confused until I read "Adventures give us prickles", then I went, "Wait a second!"  I knew they were from the book Mossflower as soon as I read the word Bella, then it just made more and more sense when I read it.  ::)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Rainshadow on May 08, 2013, 02:05:35 AM
 That's easy!  Ferdy and Coggs!  I was sorta confused until I read "Adventures give us prickles", then I went, "Wait a second!"  I knew they were from the book Mossflower as soon as I read the word Bella, then it just made more and more sense when I read it.  ::)

Right on gal!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000