News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Personality types

Started by Tannsrall, September 19, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

As I said, I'm an extrovert on the internet. But I don't like so much socially interacting with strangers IRL.

Romsca

Is there even one more extrovert on here?

Leatho Shellhound

Here is mine...

Your Keirsey Temperament Sorter Results indicates that your personality type is that of the

Rational

Rationals (NT) are the problem solving temperament, particularly if the problem has to do with the many complex systems that make up the world around us. Rationals might tackle problems in organic systems such as plants and animals, or in mechanical systems such as railroads and computers, or in social systems such as families and companies and governments. But whatever systems fire their curiosity, Rationals will analyze them to understand how they work, so they can figure out how to make them work better.

In working with problems, Rationals try to find solutions that have application in the real world, but they are even more interested in the abstract concepts involved, the fundamental principles or natural laws that underlie the particular case. And they are completely pragmatic about their ways and means of achieving their ends. Rationals don't care about being politically correct. They are interested in the most efficient solutions possible, and will listen to anyone who has something useful to teach them, while disregarding any authority or customary procedure that wastes time and resources.

Rationals have an insatiable hunger to accomplish their goals and will work tirelessly on any project they have set their mind to. They are rigorously logical and fiercely independent in their thinking -- are indeed skeptical of all ideas, even their own -- and they believe they can overcome any obstacle with their will power. Often they are seen as cold and distant, but this is really the absorbed concentration they give to whatever problem they're working on. Whether designing a skyscraper or an experiment, developing a theory or a prototype technology, building an aircraft, a corporation, or a strategic alliance, Rationals value intelligence, in themselves and others, and they pride themselves on the ingenuity they bring to their problem solving.

Rationals are very scarce, comprising as little as 7 to 10 percent of the population. But because of their drive to unlock the secrets of nature, and to develop new technologies, they have done much to shape our world.

At work, your attention is drawn to framing objectives in all of their complexity. Your strength lies in marshaling the resources and raw materials at your disposal - people's talents, money, tools, and institutional structure - to move toward those objectives. In your ideal job, you have the authority to decide upon goals and to direct their pursuit. A born leader, you become restless when you find yourself in a follower position - especially when you can envision solutions that the people officially in charge cannot.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Romsca

You're a rational too! :D

no wonder I voted for you on the... cellars topic you know which one I'm talking about

The Mask

I'm an INTJ! Romsca, the reason you may find it hard to deal with introverts is because we are Introverts! In other words we generally find it harder to make lots of friends and interact well with other people. That's just a generalisation and my opinion so feel free to disagree!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Wylder Treejumper

That's OK Romsca, Introverts tend to get annoyed with Extraverts because they want us to talk, and we don't want to talk... Which aggrivates us a lot.

And, I have a peoblem with feeling types as well...  :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Romsca on June 04, 2014, 11:43:21 AM
You're a rational too! :D

no wonder I voted for you on the... cellars topic you know which one I'm talking about

haha yeah, our rational personality type are apparently in the minority.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ferrousferret

I'm INTP, although I occasionally dip into ITFP, or INFJ because of my OCD. Particularly when I'm having a bad day.

Romsca

I've taken about six personality tests, getting ENTP three times, ENTJ twice, and ESTJ once. Both N/S and P/J are pretty close for me, but I'm a strong E and T

Skyblade

Revive :)

Persinality tests are certainly interesting. I personally believe that they are good for finding out more about oneself and identity, getting suggestions for careers, and just finding out about strengths and weaknesses for improvement!

Anyway, the link in the first post seems to not be working for me, so I just googled "myer briggs personality test". I took two just to be sure, and they both gave me INFP. I sure hope that is accurate, though, as I don't want a false view of myself. Aah!

Quote from: (Insert something funny here)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

Well, it looks somewhat solid. I'm surprised that these test consider me an introvert, though! I'm so loud and find it hard to shut my mouth :P But I guess this explains the times when my classmates talk so freely around me and I'm just sitting there like a loner ;D

I encourage you all to try this out as well...

Quote from: Romsca on June 03, 2014, 09:45:10 PM
Are there any other extroverts on here? Because I hate I mean really really dislike I mean have a hard time getting along with introverts. Especially feeling type introverts. :-X

*looks at my profile* We are not going to get along.

Just kidding, of course! ;) I honestly admire extroverts. You all are truly great and nice people because you're the ones who go out and interact more with others, making and brightening their days :) Extroverts deserve quite a bit of appreciation.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

The only one that was a strong majority for me was the last one, in which I got J. The first three were all really close to fifty percent, so I could be a lot of things based on my mood.

Skyblade

What did you get, Plugg? ^^

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

QuoteENTJ
Extravert(44%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(11%)
You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)
^thats me, apparently.

I'm retired from the forum

Kitsune

Quote from: 16 PersonalitiesINFJ-A ("The Advocate")

Introverted (21%) Intuitive (48%) Feeling (11%) Judging (6%) Assertive (8%)

"Quiet and mystical, yet very inspiring and tireless idealists.

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all."

I guess I have changed. ^_^ What I described earlier is what my results were a year ago.

(Some famous INFJ's are Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela! :D )

James Gryphon

I've taken a lot of personality tests before, but I just did the 16 Personalities one to see what it'd say, for this topic.
Quote from: 16 Personalities
PERSONALITY: ISTP ("THE VIRTUOSO")
VARIANT: TURBULENT
ROLE: EXPLORER

Introverted 93%
Observant 29%
Thinking 38%
Prospecting 9%
Turbulent 47%

"ISTPs explore ideas through creating, troubleshooting, trial and error and first-hand experience. They enjoy having other people take an interest in their projects and sometimes don't even mind them getting into their space. Of course, that's on the condition that those people don't interfere with ISTPs' principles and freedom, and they'll need to be open to ISTPs returning the interest in kind."

I've finally achieved what I couldn't do my first time around: this is my 500th post.
« Subject to editing »