News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What job do you really want?

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, March 05, 2019, 07:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Witessss

the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Jukka the Sling

(Psst.  Guys.  Let's stay on topic in post-counting boards.)

Working in a library would be nice, I think.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Tungro

The Witessss

Tungro

It would be kinda cool to be a historian

The Witessss

it would be cool but it sounds kind of dull in my perspective.. then again, I really don't know much about to really have a particular side..

The Shadow of Korriban

Being a voice actor seems really fun! You can do voice over from your home and such. If you were wondering Tungro, I wasn't intending to reply to your post and be rude. Cause being an historian sounds awesome too!
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Cornflower MM

I'm unsure if eating mangoes helps with poison ivy resistance, from a quick Google search. I'm really confused on that, gonna dog into more later.

Anyway.

My dream job is to be a dance teacher/studio owner. I already am a dance teacher in a way, but I'd love to experience it without having to answer to someone I strongly dislike and without her breathing down my neck.

Jetthebinturong

Full-time author would be my ideal job. But I wouldn't mind a career in voice acting, or as a critic, or even a Youtuber. I also wouldn't mind being a librarian, or working in a book shop.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Witessss

Quote from: Sheev Palpatine on March 07, 2019, 12:39:12 AM
Being a voice actor seems really fun! You can do voice over from your home and such.
if I was going to be an actor, I think was would enjoy being a voice actor, but arguing is in me and I am fairly good at making cases (on a computer is harder, though) so I think someday I might be a good lawyer. ever need  one just call me up as soon as I graduate law school. (that may be a while)

@corn mangoes are part of the poison ivy family, believe it or not and the more you eat them you grow an immunity to poison ivy, if I was to start eating them I would get the same reaction that I got from the poison ivy, except inside of me. you might find, say Grey never ate a mango but poison ivy doesn't effect him anyway. it differs with the person (and yes, my mom and aunt ate mangoes a little while back and that happened).

The Skarzs

So, just food for thought here. I'm not going to discourage anyone from doing anything, but if I can possibly put a thought into your head. . .
If there is anything I would like to encourage, it would be to not choose what you "want to do for a job" because you like the way it sounds or because you would "be good at it", like being a doctor because you like the way it sounds, or being an engineer because you're good at math. Because by deciding "what" one wants to do does not necessarily give them control over the outcome long term.
Instead, perhaps a better idea might be to decide the outcome one wants (i.e. the amount of money one wants to make, the kind of life one wants to live,  etc.), and find the process that will provide that.

Because no matter how much a person likes underwater basketweaving, there isn't much of a market for it, and they will be part of the statistic of "starving artists."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Witessss

Cornflower MM

It is always best to have a back up plan, but if you really want something - You need to fight for it and figure it out. Money doesn't necessarily buy happiness, but neither does starvation. Still, if you're too focused on money, are you really going to be happy? I think not. I know several people who are so focused on MORE MONEY that they're never satisfied with anything.

So, yeah. Fight for your dream, work towards it, but also have a plan B. Just saying even money doesn't matter if you hate your job.

The Witessss