"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Schools closed thread

Started by Ally046, December 17, 2021, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally046

Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Kade Rivok

I'm not sure I quite follow.  What's the purpose of this thread?

I get the feeling this'll get moved to the cellars fairly quickly if the topic isn't established. :giggle:
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Some explanation would be nice.

Did someone threaten the school on Tick-Tock?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Ally046

Yeah, I dunno where it belongs, I do t really want it in the cellars because I want it to be more serious than that but like...if schools are closed...why.

Verdauga

Okay..?

I looked it up, and apparently there have been shooting and bomb threats made against schools as a challenge on the app. If there were threats sgainst your specific school, it obviously makes sense that the school would close.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Ally046

I know that. Are you saying I shouldn't have made the topic?

Kade Rivok

I think he's just trying to ascertain the subject of conversation.  Is this a place to talk about school closings and the reasons for them, or did you mean something more specific?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Quote from: Kade Rivok on December 17, 2021, 03:29:12 PM
I think he's just trying to ascertain the subject of conversation.  Is this a place to talk about school closings and the reasons for them, or did you mean something more specific?
^that.

There wasn't much information given, and if most of the forumers are like me and don't have the app, we'd be completely out of the loop.

If your school, in particular, closed, and you want to discuss that, or if you heard that schools did close and wanted to see if that affected others here, or if you were just questioning why people would do this on Tick-Tock, those are all good reasons. But we didn't (don't?) know what the point of the topic is.

Ally046

Kade Rivok

Goooootcha gotcha. ;D  So, did you have school closings in your area?  What happened?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ally046

At first it was just the mass threat thing, so local school districts sent out email saying that law enforcement  was going to be in the school halls, but then someone posted a threat specifically toward the district, and they cancelled school.

Kade Rivok

Dang, that sounds pretty dire.  Or it might not be dire in the slightest, with idiots just making random threats as a joke, but schools definitely can't take that risk.  I hope nothing bad comes of it.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

lass of something much

Do you think the threat went out because they wanted to get the schools closed? This is tictoc after all. I would not put it past them..
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ally046

Yeah, that's probably why. It's quite terrible to do something in big like that, even if you think it doesn't do any harm, it really does, because it dulls people to the idea of serious threats.

lass of something much

Exactly. Now if someone is actually seriously threatening, schools will just ignore it and people will die. I'm sure most of the people in this trend just think it's a funny joke that gets them out of exams, but it's so much more serious and life threatening than that.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱