News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on October 08, 2012, 07:55:19 PM
Ah, I have an Xbox and Minecraft, but I'm thinking of the other cheap people. Xbox's cost a lot, and I personally have no idea how to set up a Minecraft server on Xbox.
Xbox's do cost alot, but a nice computer can get into the quad digits.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Quote from: Matthias720 on October 09, 2012, 01:01:26 PM
All right guys, chill. I'd rather not have to lock this topic, but things are getting tense.

Let's get back to discussing the PC server, that Gears is graciously working to host.
Thanks. Ok, I'm going to host a test server on saturday, october 13. It will be up all day with our older redwall server as a pilot test. This is becoming a megathread, so let's not quibble about silly things and stay on topic ok? Thanks! I.P. Will be released when the server is hosted. So keep all your guys' eyes open on saturday! (whoops, did i double/triple post? If i did, sorry. :/)

Dannflower Reguba

LOL, you did  :D.

Quote from: Corporal Firalay on October 09, 2012, 11:51:47 AM
I don't find that mean or aggressive, to me it sounds like WONWILL was pointing out he has absolutely no clue how to set up a server on Xbox, and if you know then do kindly share. WONWILL is not being cheap, or anything else he's been accused of, all of which is rather uncalled for, and I think you should lay off the staff (wait, are you a staff WONWILL?  ??? Meh) and let them live their lives and when they choose to GENEROUSLY GIVE UP THEIR TIME to make the server possible for us be grateful. From the short chats I've had with him, he's really nice, as with all the other admin/staff on this website  :D

Please point out what you think I said was rude, because it was all in constructive conversation. I was asking if WONWILL knew what the price of a good computer costs because by his wording, it sounded like HE was calling the rest of US cheap because we use PC's, not the other way around.

WHOOPPEE! Servers gonna.... wait.... I'm not going to be here SATRUDAY! No!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

I was saying cheap as a general term, and that is not at all what I meant. Lets just leave this alone, and instead talk about the server. Like this thread is about.

Gears, that's great! Pity we'll have to rebuild some stuff though.

Scragg the Weasel

Yes a high-end computer is MORE money than an Xbox 360 but when you take into account that you will only be playing games on your Xbox and using it as a DVD player, whereas a computer can be used for work, learning, organization, scheduling, AND gaming, then it isn't as big a deal to buy an amazing tool for more money than a Xbox 360.

Now that's finished. PLEASE Either give the computer talk a rest, or make a new forum section. Cause those of us that are really interested in the PC server, come here for that reason ONLY.

@Gears, thats great. I will be on, and I hope it all works out! But, I have midterm exams next week, so I will not be able to stay on long.
Where do I sign?

W0NWILL

Bad luck, but then, I'm doing the MEAP over the next couple weeks, so I won't be able to get on that often. BUT it's still great that Gears is hosting it, but it would be better if Lana was, I'll have to do the Bat Mountpit and my house again, pity, they took so long, and other people will have to re-build things. Well, everything can't be perfect. We should count our blessings/whatever and don't care about much else.

Scragg the Weasel

Quote from: W0NWILL on October 10, 2012, 08:24:04 PM
Bad luck, but then, I'm doing the MEAP over the next couple weeks, so I won't be able to get on that often. BUT it's still great that Gears is hosting it, but it would be better if Lana was, I'll have to do the Bat Mountpit and my house again, pity, they took so long, and other people will have to re-build things. Well, everything can't be perfect. We should count our blessings/whatever and don't care about much else.

Think of it as a way to make the world even better! I Have roleplayed redwall alone on TES: Skyrim before. I made a Khajit and just wandered the forest. LOL. I cannot wait to RP in a game like minecraft where nearly anything can be changed.
Where do I sign?

Gears

Quote from: Scragg the Weasel on October 10, 2012, 09:33:05 PM
Quote from: W0NWILL on October 10, 2012, 08:24:04 PM

Think of it as a way to make the world even better! I Have roleplayed redwall alone on TES: Skyrim before. I made a Khajit and just wandered the forest. LOL. I cannot wait to RP in a game like minecraft where nearly anything can be changed.
Ahaha! Nice. Well, we'll make sure to cater more than that. Ok guys, update on the saturday server. It will have very little plugins (if any) and an older world to roleplay+beta test. You may build redwall structures, and if we gain alot of ground, I'll keep the world. This is just mostly as saying "we're not dead yet" and to keep us occupied while we wait for latna. :)

Corporal Firalay

I'm sorry, my bad  :-[

Can't wait!!! I'm so excited!
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

WildDoogyPlumm

Okay, sorry, but I haven't been on this topic in a long time and I really don't want to go searching through 20 pages of topic.
Did the IP change?  I haven't been able to connect to it in a while.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Gears

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on October 11, 2012, 11:34:57 AM
Okay, sorry, but I haven't been on this topic in a long time and I really don't want to go searching through 20 pages of topic.
Did the IP change?  I haven't been able to connect to it in a while.
Well, latna's a father, but a test server will  be hosted from my pc on saturday, all day, 8:00 EST to whenever.

Scragg the Weasel

Where do I sign?

Gears

Quote from: Scragg the Weasel on October 13, 2012, 05:20:40 PM
What is the new IP?
The ip is:67.177.140.127 
The top post SHOULD have been updated.. What the heck?!

Gears

Ok guys, REALLY weird thing. I wondered why no one was connecting, I had the server up, i posted the ip, and all that. It wasn't posted. REALLY sorry about that guys, the ip is: 67.177.140.127  to make up for it, it will be hosted sunday too. Cheers! :)

Scragg the Weasel

Where do I sign?