News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Hey guys! Just an update, someone (not naming names) but anyhow, someone went into my friend's house and stripped the redstone. Let me tell you right now: Redstone can be canon, although it's not directly in the book, for you who think it's not canon, you'll be shocked to know that we used redstone for martin's tomb. Whoever stripped it and placed the sign there, could you kindly not do that again? I mean investigate mostly random NEW structures, like portals, not ones that have been there for a while. That house is my friend's special hangout+lair+non-canon area. He and other ops are able to do this, under one condition. It looks canon. It certainly DOES look canon. It doesn't matter of the inside functionality, as only the op and his guests will be in there, not roleplayers. So, in the future, please refrain from stripping or destroying a building before making absolutely sure that it's not an admin's house. Mattyq (latna) has a house near redwall in a mountain that looks very canon, but may have some redstone contraptions in it. As long as it's not a glaring tnt cannon, or a mech or pixel art of whatever, leave it be. The inside of the building can look however they want. (unless it's a real place, like brockhall, or some other area that was built for roleplaying) This is an op privilige. Normal players are allowed to build whatever house they want in the freeplay/freebuild area, this is one of the perks ops have. If admins do not wish to make a canon-looking house, they may also make theirs in the freebuild area. Thanks for your time. :)
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Mattio

Dannflower Reguba

Strange.... Griffin and I saw some funky named guy on the server asking for diamond stuff, and claiming that he knows one of those really big Minecraftians..... He could be our griefer..... And not to sound mean, but Windows crashed on my CP TWICE within fourteen hours of meeting him... My computer has NEVER crashed before, and there is a lot of things pointing to this guy.... Just putting this out there. I'm not capable of pinning him down, so I'm not going to outright accuse him.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 18, 2012, 09:24:13 PM
Strange.... Griffin and I saw some funky named guy on the server asking for diamond stuff, and claiming that he knows one of those really big Minecraftians..... He could be our griefer..... And not to sound mean, but Windows crashed on my CP TWICE within fourteen hours of meeting him... My computer has NEVER crashed before, and there is a lot of things pointing to this guy.... Just putting this out there. I'm not capable of pinning him down, so I'm not going to outright accuse him.
Very odd... Was his name GkLaerner, or DekuHero, or EpicSparrta perhaps? And who did he claim to know? This is odd. I could pin him down if i had a name...

Gears

Got the perms done. I'll begin promoting people to their deserved rank as they pop in. :)

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Gears on December 18, 2012, 09:46:19 PM
Very odd... Was his name GkLaerner, or DekuHero, or EpicSparrta perhaps? And who did he claim to know? This is odd. I could pin him down if i had a name...

GkLaerner!!! I swear that was it!

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 19, 2012, 12:05:28 AM
Quote from: Gears on December 18, 2012, 09:46:19 PM

GkLaerner!!! I swear that was it!
Ok, he was un-whitelisted anyhow. You're safe. :)

Mattio

Griffen

Gears, we should make this a white list server for now, till everything is ready. or. Give me permission to ban someone for a little while if i find there actions bad or unacceptable.

PS: im experienced with being a Mod and Admin, plus im on this server a lot. I could be a police officer if you would like one.

Gears

Quote from: Griffen on December 19, 2012, 05:50:28 AM
Gears, we should make this a white list server for now, till everything is ready. or. Give me permission to ban someone for a little while if i find there actions bad or unacceptable.

PS: im experienced with being a Mod and Admin, plus im on this server a lot. I could be a police officer if you would like one.
Haha! It is a whitelisted server. :) You also DO have admin powers, so you can ban and such. Who are you having problems with?

Griffen

Dannflower Reguba

Gears

Quote from: Griffen on December 19, 2012, 05:57:46 PM
no one anymore. but cool.
Haha! Were you referring to gklaerner? XD I think so. Gk was someone one of my friends whitelisted a long, long, LONG time ago, and i kinda forgot about him. I'm in the process of weeding out unhelpful or immature players, and i think i got them all. :)

Griffen

i was but since hes not on its over lol. he was talking about flooding the server with users via fake lies and what not. probably just for best that you keep this whitelisted till it is finished. :)

speaking of which does anyone need my help building anything?