Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on March 08, 2013, 09:41:42 PM
Quote from: Romsca on March 08, 2013, 09:09:21 PM
...so all this talk about it and it's not even up yet?

What we're doing now is allowing those whos like to help build everything help build the redwall world. Once all is completed everyone will be switched to survival to live in the world of redwall! It's awesome!
Absolutely! And Romsca, If you would have read the first page, it would have told you that the server's up and in the construction phase.  ;)
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Quote from: psybox on March 02, 2013, 09:11:34 PM
Yes, kotir is there, and yes, i think the server is down.
Yeah, sorry about that. It was down because someone was leeching my internet, had to change the password and kick them off. >_<

Corporal Firalay

Hey Gears, I have a few suggestions for when the server is truly rolling!
I don't know much about plugins or anything, but I have seen a few such as a few RolePlay specific "Local Chat" and it's just in a 32 block radius, and "Whisper" for 3 block radius, and "Shout" for 64 blocks. If OOC chat is separated from RP channels I think everything would work quite smoothly ;)
A cool thing I saw was character cards, too. You fill out a short set of IC info like Age, Name, Race, Description and when someone crouches and right clicks they can see this info <--- might need a meta-gaming warning XD
Another cool plugin I saw was one where if, per say, your character is Brother_Herias you type *folds his paws inside the wide sleeves of his Abbey habit. It becomes a different colour from speech text and comes up in the chat as Brother_Herias folds his paws inside the wide sleeves of his Abbey habit. If you want it to be Brother_Herias folds his paws inside the wide sleeves of his Abbey habit, "No, my child, it is too late in the summer." you can just add speech marks so you know he is now speaking! It's really cool
Uhm, that's it, just thought I might make some suggestions for the server :)
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

psybox

The "*does thing" thing is in the base game, just "/me does thing" rather than "*does thing".

Gears

Quote from: Corporal Firalay on March 08, 2013, 10:30:05 PM
Hey Gears, I have a few suggestions for when the server is truly rolling!
I don't know much about plugins or anything, but I have seen a few such as a few RolePlay specific "Local Chat" and it's just in a 32 block radius, and "Whisper" for 3 block radius, and "Shout" for 64 blocks. If OOC chat is separated from RP channels I think everything would work quite smoothly ;)
A cool thing I saw was character cards, too. You fill out a short set of IC info like Age, Name, Race, Description and when someone crouches and right clicks they can see this info <--- might need a meta-gaming warning XD
Another cool plugin I saw was one where if, per say, your character is Brother_Herias you type *folds his paws inside the wide sleeves of his Abbey habit. It becomes a different colour from speech text and comes up in the chat as Brother_Herias folds his paws inside the wide sleeves of his Abbey habit. If you want it to be Brother_Herias folds his paws inside the wide sleeves of his Abbey habit, "No, my child, it is too late in the summer." you can just add speech marks so you know he is now speaking! It's really cool
Uhm, that's it, just thought I might make some suggestions for the server :)

Yeah, I really like the channel idea! Hmm... I'm not sure how to incorporate the cards thing, but if you give me more info, i will definitely look into it! :D And as psy said, we have the /me command for that. ^_^ Great ideas! and thanks alot! :D

Corporal Firalay

Quote from: psybox on March 08, 2013, 10:34:54 PM
The "*does thing" thing is in the base game, just "/me does thing" rather than "*does thing".

Ah cool! I'll use it in future XD

EDIT: both of my two other RP servers were just closed ;( So I'm going to put everything into Redwall from now on!

EDIT EDIT: I found it! The plugin incorporates alot of things: it is called Roleplay Essentials. If you Google that, it should be the first link. It is all personalisable! It includes the chat system too. My fav part -  customisable drinks and potions with different effects, including Ale, which when you drink the set potion or substance, makes you drunk! The more buckets/glasses you drink, the worse it gets, and you wobble around and "Hic!" until you're sober again <-- I'm sure sea vermin would appreciate that XD
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Corporal Firalay on March 09, 2013, 01:40:53 AM

EDIT: both of my two other RP servers were just closed ;( So I'm going to put everything into Redwall from now on!

EDIT EDIT: I found it! The plugin incorporates alot of things: it is called Roleplay Essentials. If you Google that, it should be the first link. It is all personalisable! It includes the chat system too. My fav part -  customisable drinks and potions with different effects, including Ale, which when you drink the set potion or substance, makes you drunk! The more buckets/glasses you drink, the worse it gets, and you wobble around and "Hic!" until you're sober again <-- I'm sure sea vermin would appreciate that XD

That's awesome!  :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Corporal Firalay

Gears

Quote from: Corporal Firalay on March 09, 2013, 01:40:53 AM

Awesome! I'll install it when i back up tha server. :)

Gears

Guys, the server is down as of 3/9/2013 for maintenance. Will be back up in like 45 mins. :)

Mattio

Gears

Dannflower Reguba

I HATE MA LAPTOP!
.... *blowing off steam*

gr. My laptop works once like, every 3-4 days, but as soon as I turn it off it doesn't work again (sleep doesn't help) And when I turn it on it has REALLY bad connections from not being on.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Captain Tammo

Sorry for being a pest with this, but do we have a " to do" list?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

psybox

Yes, it's on the server's site, because if you didn't notice, we have a site.