News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_jon147

Guys, I have big news, and....
it's not really big at all.
I am currently creating a texture pack for this server, but it will take a long time and I need YOUR help!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/redwall-textures-wip/

This is the link to my Planet Minecraft submission for the Texture Pack. I need your guy's opinions and ideas.
This is mostly to show you screenshots of what I accomplish, and to easily take requests, ideas, and your criticism.

Please do, and keep the word around! Your help and support will be my motivation and inspiration, and without it, I might never finish it.

Thank you very much, friends! let's make history!

~Rudamo Riverdog
Rudamo, at your service! Amateur skin and texture pack designer (amateur means unpaid, not inadequate!), builder, warrior, handybeast in all things minecraft! Including structure and design! Also master RP-er!

Gears

Quote from: king_jon147 on May 11, 2013, 01:48:54 AM
Guys, I have big news, and....
it's not really big at all.
I am currently creating a texture pack for this server, but it will take a long time and I need YOUR help!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/redwall-textures-wip/

This is the link to my Planet Minecraft submission for the Texture Pack. I need your guy's opinions and ideas.
This is mostly to show you screenshots of what I accomplish, and to easily take requests, ideas, and your criticism.

Please do, and keep the word around! Your help and support will be my motivation and inspiration, and without it, I might never finish it.

Thank you very much, friends! let's make history!

~Rudamo Riverdog

Chuck Norris Approves.

EDIT! Looks fine, forgot how red-tinged it's supposed to be. Carry on with your epicness, sir!
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Rusvul

The images of the pack so far look wonderful! I always imagined Redwall as a more pale red, and I also noticed that the sandstone looked a little gridlike when there was a lot of it. Also, I think we should try to avoid multiple packs. What about turning all tools into a weapon? And standardizing them with Sharpness? Idk. Just a thought.

king_jon147

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 11, 2013, 03:09:52 AM
The images of the pack so far look wonderful! I always imagined Redwall as a more pale red, and I also noticed that the sandstone looked a little gridlike when there was a lot of it. Also, I think we should try to avoid multiple packs. What about turning all tools into a weapon? And standardizing them with Sharpness? Idk. Just a thought.
On regards to the color and grid-patters, yeah. I've noticed too. It's still a rough draft. I want to do SO MUCH instantly. But I can't
Plus, it wast just to kind of get a look for the potential. I was really eager, so it was sloppy. Sorry XD
It's a busy weekend still, so i might not get much progress done until after school, s few weeks from now.
Rudamo, at your service! Amateur skin and texture pack designer (amateur means unpaid, not inadequate!), builder, warrior, handybeast in all things minecraft! Including structure and design! Also master RP-er!

Corporal Firalay

My gosh! You guys just burn through these pages!

Moare suggestions!

1. The More Player Models mod could become an optional part of the server. This mod makes avatars bigger or smaller - badgers could be huge and dormice can be smaller. However, it requires tweaks to skins to make it work, I'll look into how it's done. People without the mod still see normal avatars. (It also allows you to lie down on the floor, good for injured beasts)

2. Website! I've gotten the drive and determination to look into getting a more user-friendly website for the server, if that's okay. I've started research.

3. Building clean out? Just checking, but has someone already gone through the world and tidied up un-Redwall buildings?

4. @Jon - The texture pack looks awesome! By the by, if you can make a bucket of milk into a flagon of ale, that would be perfect (since we have a plugin where milk makes you drunk)!

I think that's all for now!
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

Gears

Quote from: Corporal Firalay on May 11, 2013, 07:04:40 AM
My gosh! You guys just burn through these pages!

Moare suggestions!

1. The More Player Models mod could become an optional part of the server. This mod makes avatars bigger or smaller - badgers could be huge and dormice can be smaller. However, it requires tweaks to skins to make it work, I'll look into how it's done. People without the mod still see normal avatars. (It also allows you to lie down on the floor, good for injured beasts)

2. Website! I've gotten the drive and determination to look into getting a more user-friendly website for the server, if that's okay. I've started research.

3. Building clean out? Just checking, but has someone already gone through the world and tidied up un-Redwall buildings?

4. @Jon - The texture pack looks awesome! By the by, if you can make a bucket of milk into a flagon of ale, that would be perfect (since we have a plugin where milk makes you drunk)!

I think that's all for now!
Yep, we already did number 3, and number 1 is a great idea! :D And also, did you know we also have a secondary webdsite? It's www.redwallminecraft.enjin.com :) I'm going to get #1 and an npc plugin. :D

Corporal Firalay

Quote from: Gears on May 11, 2013, 04:24:22 PM
And also, did you know we also have a secondary webdsite? It's www.redwallminecraft.enjin.com :)
Oh, doh! It looks awesome! Can't believe I forgot about that ;-; Never mind then :D
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

Rusvul

Yes! Npcs! I wonder if we can make more player models part of the server, then have generic skins on our enjin site, fox with red fur, fox with grey fur, mouse with brown fur, etc. And the skins would support more player models. I believe one model is the "furry" which is a generic anthro animal. If the mod could be turned into a plugin, so that everyone could use it while on the server and not have to install a mod. I'm not sure that it's possible, but it'd be darn cool. Also, we could make the texture pack a server pack that downloads automatically ( with permission from user, of course) and the user just has to wait for it to install to use. It's really neat, but hard to explain, especially while typing on the awful touchscreen keyboard of an old iPhone at almost eleven at night.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Gears on May 11, 2013, 04:24:22 PM
Yep, we already did number 3, and number 1 is a great idea! :D And also, did you know we also have a secondary webdsite? It's www.redwallminecraft.enjin.com :) I'm going to get #1 and an npc plugin. :D

Are we gonna put NPC mice in redwall!? That'd be epiiiic!

Also what needs to be built?? I can help with whatever needs help!

Lastly can someone give a list of all the mods and a brief summary as to what they do?? I'm losing track of all of them XD
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Wolfhunter333

so, I don't know why, but I'm unable to use any of the signs at the spawn... should I just roam around or wait for some reason or other...?

Rusvul

Hey, I found a player named AgentAnonymous on the server, he had a chest with a diamond sword with all sorts of enchantments, the sword labeled "Martin the Warrior's Sword". He said he found it on the ground in Holt Seadragon, I was wondering how it got there. Does anybody know about why it might be there?

Gears

Quote from: Wolfhunter333 on May 12, 2013, 02:34:45 PM
so, I don't know why, but I'm unable to use any of the signs at the spawn... should I just roam around or wait for some reason or other...?
Ohh... Does it say "guest" next to your name? I'll promote you to member next time you get on. :)

mgsfool

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 12, 2013, 05:34:51 PM
Hey, I found a player named AgentAnonymous on the server, he had a chest with a diamond sword with all sorts of enchantments, the sword labeled "Martin the Warrior's Sword". He said he found it on the ground in Holt Seadragon, I was wondering how it got there. Does anybody know about why it might be there?
He enchanted it himself I was there at the time. No harm in letting him believe we think that he found it on the ground right he could have been trying to set a roleplay up. :)
I believe strongly in eye for an eye don't you agree.

Rusvul

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 14, 2013, 12:13:37 AM
Right. Ok XP.
Good job, on keeping an eye out! Sorry about the server being down. I removed some evil plugins and like an idiot forgot to put it back up! Now, what was the plugin suggestion that changed body types?