News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Also: BOTW:

I added a new firespread rule with the assistance of rusvul but it wasn't fast enough. Noonvale is singed, I'm adding this on to the other one, as it will only take 10-15 mins. Thanks a lot guys!
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Rusvul

I say Yay to everything except:

Fortress: It's unnecessary, and somewhat non-canon
TimTheEnchanter: Despite the Monty Python reference, it's just not a good plugin. I say, replace it with WraithNBT, which allows editing of Nbt tags for items, or the BookOfSouls plugin for greater mob and spanner control.
Sheath: Pointless. It literally only stores your weapon away, and then equips a lever to your head slot.
Movecraft: Either way. I don't see players using it.
Another thing to think about: Are we going to somehow limit how far the player can wander?

psybox

CustomGates: Yay, I guess.  I can't figure out how to use it, but some people who can work it could put it to good use.
Fortress: nay, don't really understand what it does.
Headshots: Yay, I guess
HealthBar: sure.
Phatloots: Don't really see the point.
TimTheEnchanter: I'd be fine with keeping it, getting a better one or just not having a NBT/Enchantment plugin.
World Edit: I say keep it until the server is done with the building phase and then get rid of it.
SignShops: I don't know, I'll be neutral.
Vault: Sure, I guess.
Guilds : No.
Sheath : Pointless
Movecraft: Doesn't work.
Vanish: Nay.

W0NWILL

CustomGates Yay, it would be good so Redwall's gate isn't open all the time. Can you imagine how easy it would've been for Cluny if the gate wouldn't close?
Fortress Nay, if everybody except admins will be on adventure mode, what's the point?
Headshots Eh, either way.
HealthBar Yay, it's nice to see how much health is left, though it's not very canon, I still like it.
Phatloots Yay, for instance, for the armor and weapon chests in Sala and other places.
TimTheEnchanter Yay, this has been invaluable to me.
World Edit Yay, but only until the server goes up.
SignShops Yay, so folks can build a bar or sommint. It's always nice, though definitely set a limit to them, maybe people would have to ask an admin. Can only admins make them? They shouldn't be a problem then.
Vault Yay, I know that the server turns off the spawning of items, but still, it'll be nice to know if someone's getting many kits illegally, and for people who have many characters(like me), it would be nice to have a place to put your character's things when you aren't using them.
Guilds Yay, so people could literally be part of the Long Patrol.
Sheath Nay, pointless, unless the sheath starts looking better.
Movecraft Yay, though we should ban certain ones like submarines and airships.
Vanish Yay...Don't ask me why.

Dannflower Reguba

I support pretty much everything.

Sheath is probably not needed.

World Edit. KEEP THIS! I doubt the building will ever completely be done, besides, if you need something literally edited, this will save you loads of time.

Fortress- Have you all forgotten so soon what happened to my building? Granted, it was TNT damage, but I still think that we should be able to claim land.

TimtheEnchanter: Most certainly! saves a lot of time trying to get the right enchantment, plus you can mess around with the number system a bit. (missing some enchants though :()

Headshots: As an archer, I very much want some reward for hitting a target at difficult distances.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Captain Tammo

CustomGates (Allows people to create working gates): Yay
Fortress (Allows people to claim land):yay
Headshots (Headshawts):Yay
HealthBar: nay, don't we have a default one already? If it is for others to see our health, YAY
Phatloots (customizeable loot containers which replenish after a certain amount of time):nay. Have an admin restock it every once in a while to avoid people from constantly getting more stuff.
TimTheEnchanter (assists in the enchantment of items):nay. Just use an enchantment table!
World Edit (I don't think we'll need this when the server goes live, but we'll see.): yay
SignShops: what's that?
Vault (Allows admins to look into player's invies. Also allows players to store their loot in cyber chests with commands.):nay. I don't think the cyber chest is a good idea.
Guilds (creates faction names):yay
Sheath (allows sheathing of swords): yay
Movecraft (Moving ships, carts, etc.): no preference. I own nothing useable in movecraft
Vanish( Allows admins to vanish): nay
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rusvul

Tammo, I would like to say something about PhatLoots.
Who's going to restock three hundred chests scattered all about the landscape with any frequency? Also, if you're worried about people farming the chests, the auto-replenish could be set to 24 hours. Or 72.

Also, as I have said before, WraithNBT is a wonderful plugin. Even if we don't get rid of Timtheenchanter, we should get it. It allows for editing of:
Names, without an anvil, in any font/color
Potions, any number of effects, any duration, any effect (even ones unobtainable in Vanilla)
Enchants: any enchant by name, not number. Works on any item.
Lore: change the subtitle displayed under the name of an item. Any color, any font.
Heads: make a player head display any skin owned by a player.
Books: allows editing of books after they are complete, and the ability to make a book display anything as the author

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 30, 2013, 06:02:38 AM
CustomGates (Allows people to create working gates): Yay
Fortress (Allows people to claim land):yay
Headshots (Headshawts):Yay
HealthBar: nay, don't we have a default one already? If it is for others to see our health, YAY
Phatloots (customizeable loot containers which replenish after a certain amount of time):nay. Have an admin restock it every once in a while to avoid people from constantly getting more stuff.
TimTheEnchanter (assists in the enchantment of items):nay. Just use an enchantment table!
World Edit (I don't think we'll need this when the server goes live, but we'll see.): yay
SignShops: what's that?
Vault (Allows admins to look into player's invies. Also allows players to store their loot in cyber chests with commands.):nay. I don't think the cyber chest is a good idea.
Guilds (creates faction names):yay
Sheath (allows sheathing of swords): yay
Movecraft (Moving ships, carts, etc.): no preference. I own nothing useable in movecraft
Vanish( Allows admins to vanish): nay
Thanks for all your feedback so far guys! Just want to say something about phatloots: It allows giving timed stuff kinda like the kits plugin, so you can customize it so that a person can only receive the loot once, but admins don't have to restock. It also provides named items, but other than that it doesn't do anything. I just wanted to have this partly so that anyone who wants a book from the library in the abbey or mole city can get one, but not take them all.

Gears

Ok, So far we have:

Fortress-Remove
Sheath-Remove
Tim -Replaced with WraithNBT

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Gears on July 30, 2013, 03:03:57 PM
Ok, So far we have:

Fortress-Remove
Sheath-Remove
Tim -Replaced with WraithNBT

Why are you removing Fortress! I don't know about you, but I don't want to get griefed AGAIN.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

If everybody except admins will be on adventure mode, what's the point?

/\ Exactly what I said!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 30, 2013, 11:03:36 PM

/\ Exactly what I said!

Not meaning to undermine anyone here, but FYI, it was an ADMIN that griefed me! We were fully whitelisted, and I actually know who did it. Point being, no one's perfect, and there are circumstances that can provide themselves that are dangerous. All it takes is one corrupt person.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 30, 2013, 01:31:32 PM
Tammo, I would like to say something about PhatLoots.
Who's going to restock three hundred chests scattered all about the landscape with any frequency? Also, if you're worried about people farming the chests, the auto-replenish could be set to 24 hours. Or 72.

Good point

On another note, I worked on the "AbbeyTesting" warp and added the Sparra kingdom. If you guys could leave a sign/book/something letting me know what you think, please do!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 31, 2013, 01:14:34 AM
Quote from: W0NWILL on July 30, 2013, 11:03:36 PM

/\ Exactly what I said!

Not meaning to undermine anyone here, but FYI, it was an ADMIN that griefed me! We were fully whitelisted, and I actually know who did it. Point being, no one's perfect, and there are circumstances that can provide themselves that are dangerous. All it takes is one corrupt person.
The problem is, if they're admins, they can bypass everything, so one plugin isn't going to make a difference. :/

Dannflower Reguba

Speaking of bypass, what's the command again? I forgot it.