News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on October 06, 2013, 01:32:17 AM
Quote from: Gears on September 30, 2013, 04:17:20 PM
Here's an updated to-do list:

Terramort [70% (?)]
Riftguard [30%]
Fort Bladegrit [snow 0%]
Redo main page [me 50%]
Doomwyte.[Far Mossflower 0%]
Configure Permissions [me 90% complete]
Add all redwall riddles, stories, songs and recipes[everyone, redwall, 75%]
Add fanfiction, and real life recipes as well as scavenger hunts and stashes[molecity library, everyone, 90%]
Configure kit plugin [me, 90% done]

Current progress to being 100% done to release server to the public:
90%

Please notify me of any permissions you need or ones that people shouldn't have, and also any buildings that we missed. Thanks!

I'll begin on the Doomwyte cave and set up a warp tonight!
Great! Thanks!
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Rusvul

Hey, Gears, do you think you could give us admins (Particularly those who are lost and somewhat clueless, such as, oh, idk, me) a list of, like, rules, and how admins should respond to said rules being broken?

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 07, 2013, 12:27:24 AM
Hey, Gears, do you think you could give us admins (Particularly those who are lost and somewhat clueless, such as, oh, idk, me) a list of, like, rules, and how admins should respond to said rules being broken?
Pretty much, yeah.

So griefing= Ban. Unless it's not obvious, like breaking 3 blocks or something. Then ask. If they give you a bullcrap answer, ban.

Annoying commands such as spamming "smite" or something every time you spawn = Demote. Don't do it permanently, just for a while so they can cool down

Swearing/rude language/spamming = Mute for 10 mins or so to show them that we really don't want to hear what they have to say.

Hacks= Ban

Item exploitation= Remove said items from inventory.

Asking to be admin= Say no. If they do it multiple times, mute them for a while.

Killing friends (like rats killing rats without any dialogue or anything to start the fight) = Kick for the first 3 offenses, then ban. Make sure to give a warning.

Any other abuses of admin powers (such as that idiot glass unbanning craigyb.) = Ban

Rusvul

KK. Hey, I know of the 'Invsee' command to see inventories, but I don't know of one to edit them. Am I just unable to edit because pretty much everybody is a mod/admin? And how does demoting work? Thanks for the list!

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 07, 2013, 03:05:19 PM
KK. Hey, I know of the 'Invsee' command to see inventories, but I don't know of one to edit them. Am I just unable to edit because pretty much everybody is a mod/admin? And how does demoting work? Thanks for the list!

to demote just type

/demote "name" without quotes of course.
Or maybe it's

/yapp demote "name" Either way, it works, i think.

I think the proper command is /invedit.

Captain Tammo

Wooded hill and the cave system beneath it is just about done for Doomwyte. We just need a big boulder on top of the hill and we're set!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on October 08, 2013, 02:50:29 AM
Wooded hill and the cave system beneath it is just about done for Doomwyte. We just need a big boulder on top of the hill and we're set!
Great job! :D

Captain Tammo

By the beard of Zeus... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?!? Lol

In the event that you (meaning anyone) didn't know, Redwall version III is currently in production! This build of the abbey (if approved) will be pasted over the old one and is well over 300% bigger! The warp is still "AbbeyTesting" but is NEXT to the build of the abbey you're teleported to when you do the warp command.

Also, I think I am going to make some major changes to mole city. I feel it's gotten almost... Too big. I won't destroy the downtown and new shopping area, but I will be blocking them off for at least a while to bring back the humble feel of things (the moles don't like the overwhelming size). If you had/ were interested in getting a shop or home in one of those areas, let Mayor Tarsl Grudd (me :)) know via submitting a doc. for city hall!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rusvul

I think the new abbey looks great! One thing, though.
In my opinion, things that are too linear in Minecraft, things that take too much advantage of the cubiness seem, to me, cheap. I really can't stand them. (That's just IMO, of course.) Now, the test abbey seems to be clear of this- except the red and white checked carpets. Repeating patterns are fine, but one-block checkerboards annoy me for some reason. Even four block checkerboards would be fine- Permission to change all red and white checked carpets in RWA Mk.III to 4-block checkers?

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 17, 2013, 02:53:32 AM
I think the new abbey looks great! One thing, though.
In my opinion, things that are too linear in Minecraft, things that take too much advantage of the cubiness seem, to me, cheap. I really can't stand them. (That's just IMO, of course.) Now, the test abbey seems to be clear of this- except the red and white checked carpets. Repeating patterns are fine, but one-block checkerboards annoy me for some reason. Even four block checkerboards would be fine- Permission to change all red and white checked carpets in RWA Mk.III to 4-block checkers?
Sure! that sounds good. It sounds like everything's coming along quite well. :)

Norham Waterpaw

Is there an IP address for this? Because ever since this thread showed up, I've wanted to know.  :P
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on October 17, 2013, 10:37:03 PM
Is there an IP address for this? Because ever since this thread showed up, I've wanted to know.  :P

First page bud.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

SaberTruth

Sorry to say I will not be able to get back on the server. This last week I decided to totally give up gaming as it was becoming too big a part of my life and things I need to get done in real life were not getting finished.

Gears

Quote from: SaberTruth on October 21, 2013, 10:11:57 PM
Sorry to say I will not be able to get back on the server. This last week I decided to totally give up gaming as it was becoming too big a part of my life and things I need to get done in real life were not getting finished.
We understand, thanks for all of your help! Good luck in life! :D