News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 09, 2012, 06:04:30 PM
What!?! No SQUIDDELS!  >:( Outrage sah!
Oops. :S I forgot the Squiddels. I'll add those. What weapons/gear should they have?
EDIT: Well, it doesn't matter, because the kits plugin erased ALL of the guilds, so i have to re-enter them ALL. >:(
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Dannflor

I don't really know Dannflor 2 probably has some how about Slings or Bows  :-[
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Gears

Quote from: Dannflor on May 09, 2012, 07:06:33 PM
I don't really know Dannflor 2 probably has some how about Slings or Bows  :-[
Erm... They don't have slings in minecraft, but i can Add bows, and an iron sword, no armor. Sound good?

Dannflower Reguba

Squiddels: Light, wooden armour (option), Long bow (not optional), knife or dagger (one or the other).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 09, 2012, 07:16:18 PM
Squiddels: Light, wooden armour (option), Long bow (not optional), knife or dagger (one or the other).
(no malice intended here.) Guys, if you don't know anything about minecraft, don't comment. I would absolutely LOVE for there to be more weapons, but there's not. There's swords, axes, bows, and a few others. And there's no wooden armor. :(
EDIT: I can do the other stuff though.

psybox

how do i sign up? and how do you use the free version?

Gears

Quote from: psybox on May 09, 2012, 08:35:21 PM
how do i sign up? and how do you use the free version?
Same way you use the paid. And since my "official" thread died in flames, I'll copy and paste the form here.

Gears

Here is the post:

Hey guys! i finally got enough people together for the making of the server!! As of now, we need people on here to help build the redwall universe, and after that we'll need people to moderate/play/whatever. This will be a Roleplay server, with special classes, with different loadouts! There will be your run-of-the-mill good guys, and the baddies, like rats, toads, and corsairs! We have quite a few plugins installed, like movecraft, worldwarp, epic gates, and tons of others! To join, this is the App you must fill out:

In game name:
Do you love redwall?:
Do you know alot about it?:
Secret word:
how often do you check your PM's?:  (i need this so i can issue a new ip every day.)
Free minecraft, or paid?:

After you fill that out, i will check it! If you are banned for some reason. (Lord, i hope not!) You can also make a ban appeal. When you join, you will be switched to creative to start building. After this is all done, with will proceed to have the most awesome roleplay ever! I will be hosting it on my machine, very frequently. (almost every day.) Every new day i will issue a new ip to join with, because my router changes it's ip for security reasons like clockwork. It's really annoying, but I'll just have to (secret word: Matthias) deal with it.

Rules:
1. No griefing
2. No stealing from anyone, unless you are a rat, or some other evil beast.
3. No swearing. redwall type swears are allowed, such as YOU YELLOW BELLIED SCUM SCRAPER! Cheesy
4. When not roleplaying, you must have ( and ) at the beginning and end of your sentences.
5. No mods or hacks.... 'nuff said.
6. use common sense. If it makes people mad, and they don't have anger issues, it's probably wrong.
7. PVP is allowed, not excessively though. Only attack if they are enemies, (like rats and mice) Or your character has a personal quarrel.
8. Animals are turned off, since redwallers do not use animal products. chickens will be turned on for the evil characters, and for the good ones, for feathers.

After you have made an app, read the rules, and got accepted, Here's how it will go down:
1. You join as a guest.
2. You pick what race and class you want, with their custom loadout.
3. Soon, your custom skin will be made, and sent to you to wear whenever you are on the server.
4. If you have the free client, skins are not necessary.
5. If you DO have a paid account, and you don't wear your skin, you will be kicked.

Some of these rules don't apply as of now, since we are still in the creation stage.
To those in redwall forums: I'm posting this on minecraft forums too, so sorry if it sounded like you all knew nothing about redwall. XD

By the way, anyone notice that this is the top thread second to only the intro thread? O_o

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Gears

Quote from: eualaia on May 10, 2012, 06:37:45 PM
is the server down agin?
No, I'm just waiting for Latna to be able to host the 24/7 server, So we won't have changing ips. It should be up within the week! I just don't want to change anything, since he has the other server files.

Latna

Stress Test announcement!

Hey everyone. The server is up! Right now, the server box it's on is only 4gb of RAM. We'll soon be upgrading that, so expect the server to be up and down over the next couple days. I've got it running on the newest version of Bukkit, so we may try to implement the permissions system again at some point, if Gears doesn't mind me taking another whack at it.

For right now, log on and see how fast it's running. For now, it may be kind of laggy.

The address isssss:

redwallonline.hopto.org:25560

Make sure you put in the whole thing, otherwise you'll try to gain access to the library's normal server, and it won't let you in.

ADDENDUM:
Please keep in mind that transferring a server is a big deal! So there will probably be a few kinks we need to work out. =)
Ask me about Redwall MUCK!
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1823.msg66205#msg66205

[url=http://rwmuck.limitless.

Varleyfray

Awesome, thanks for hosting for us, Latna (Snowshovel?)!

Latna

Oh, no worries, it's my pleasure. Annnd, nope! ;) If you'll get on, I'm sure you'll figure out who I am.
Ask me about Redwall MUCK!
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1823.msg66205#msg66205

[url=http://rwmuck.limitless.